Worth upgrading since September?
Hi,

I'm using a build from around September 2011 and everything is nice and stable. Are there any major reasons to update to the latest version or should I just keep what works?

Thanks! Smile
never change a running system...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Memphiz Wrote:never change a running system...

Yeah, that's what I was thinking too. Nice to hear it from a dev.. Wink
The latest betas are awful IMO. Older nighties were great, and I've been thinking about using them until Eden gets sorted.
It basically comes down to the addons and skin that you use. Will you gain any new features by switching to Beta 2? I've been running Beta 2 since it was released and I havn't had a single issue that wasn't easily sorted out. I think I've rebooted once since it was released. The gui is also extremely fast. I don't notice any lag with my harmony remote anymore.
How to use Git
| AMD Athlon II X3 Triple Core Processor 2.9 GHz |GIGABYTE GA-MA785GM-US2H Mobo 2GB DDR2 Ram | MSI N430GT |
| Logitec Harmony Smart Control Remote| 52" Sharp Aquos LED TV | Denon AVR-X1000 |
| Freenas Server with 18TB ASRock Intel Avoton C2750 |
dieselboy27 Wrote:The latest betas are awful IMO. Older nighties were great, and I've been thinking about using them until Eden gets sorted.

Can you define "awful"? That's an awfully strong word Wink For most people, including myself, Beta 2 runs fine.
- Amazon FireTV Stick 4K running latest stable Kodi version
- Sony Bravia XBR-x900h Android TV running latest stable Kodi version
- Skin: Aeon Nox: SiLVO
Beta 1 was the real problem for me. Beta 2 seems ok so far, let's hope that it doesn't start randomly crashing or having issues with addons.
I think he mixed the words ... he ment awesome ... Big Grin (just kidding - i know that eden isn't awesome yet for all users...)
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
dieselboy27 Wrote:Beta 1 was the real problem for me. Beta 2 seems ok so far, let's hope that it doesn't start randomly crashing or having issues with addons.

Oh Smile You might want to consider being more precise with your wording when giving advice to users...if one of the two betas isn't working well for you and one of them works fine for you so far, calling both of them "awful" is going to mislead the fellow asking for advice on them, eh? Wink

Anyway, Beta 1 does seem to have had some little gotchas that caused a few problems here and there, but Beta 2 seems quite smooth so far. But in terms of advice to the OP, I can't argue with Memphiz's comment about not fixing what ain't broke.
- Amazon FireTV Stick 4K running latest stable Kodi version
- Sony Bravia XBR-x900h Android TV running latest stable Kodi version
- Skin: Aeon Nox: SiLVO

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Worth upgrading since September?0