Unreferenced content
This seems to be an old issue that has not really been addressed, AFAIK.

I have a bunch of content, much of it probably not named or labeled correctly, that's been "dumped" (for a lack of a better word), with basic separation (movies, series, music), into my media storage.
I run an [Update Library] to detect these new additions & everything seems fine, for the most part.

The problem comes in with the fact that some content might not be "Just Right", ie. mislabelled in some manner.
Sometimes with series, it might add the series name & even download the banner/fanart, but then the contents are empty.
Is there a function or add-on/plugin/extension that would either report or highlight content that's in my repository, but that is not referenced in any of the libraries (aka. orphaned)?

The fact that there's content that's not being referenced correctly may point to a bug, or this could be a suggestion for a feature/function in future releases.
Just browsing with Eden using filemode will tell you that for videos, as if metadata is found, it's displayed in file listings as well as library listings.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Thanks for the response,

jmarshall Wrote:Just browsing with Eden using filemode will tell you that for videos, as if metadata is found, it's displayed in file listings as well as library listings.

I'm sorry, but I don't understand your post; it's a bit ambiguous.

I'm running:
* Ubuntu 64 10.04.3 LTS
* kernel 3.0.0-14-generic
* XBMC Eden 11.0 (from PPA)
* Aeon Nox skin

I've navigated to the Videos (main menu), Files (sub-menu), Series (share), and I can see my content, including the stuff that is not consolidated (that which I'm referring to in my initial post), but there is nothing to indicate to me, or any options to filter out, content that is present on my system but that is not referenced in my Library (i.e "Movies" or "TV Shows" main menu's).
Where/how in this file-listing would I be able to find such unreferenced/unconsolidated content?

If there was an option in the view settings, ie rather than "All Videos" maybe "Orphaned", then that would be the sort of indication/summary needed to address the issue.

Anything else I could try?
Quote:I'm sorry, but I don't understand your post; it's a bit ambiguous.
In file mode, videos that have been scanned into the library will still have library data associated with them (likely: a nice poster and some plot info). If it isn't in the library it will not have any library data associated with it.

Flirc now has a forum: forum.flirc.tv
I see, thanks.
So scanned data will indicate some metadata.

This is a bit of a clue, but unfortunately does not give a full picture.

For instance: there are a few series in my collection where it picks up the program/directory name & correctly parses it, but then completely ignores the individual files/episodes.

This makes it an extremely convoluted process, but at least it's better than nothing.

Where can I suggest this as a feature-request for a future release?
It seems like a fairly trivial function of the library scan - create a list of files/content that doesn't make the cut for the library (possibly with a reason so that the user can sort out the issue)
I've reviewed the issue under the new release & can confirm that the issue is still present. In fact, it's actually worse, since there is now content that was in the Library before, that has just disappeared.

I've logged a bug: http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/12827

Am I alone in this?
I'll roll a new HTPC from XBMCbuntu once Precise 12.04 LTS is released.
See: Adding videos to the library/Incorrect and missing content (wiki)
and
Adding videos to the library/Naming files/TV shows (wiki)

What you're basically asking for is a new feature, so it's not really a bug. Which is not to say that it isn't a good idea to have that within XBMC.
Thanks for the update, Ned.
I've come to much the same point through a different method, and in an effort to address what could possibly be issues re filename-formatting, I've used FileBot to rename all my relevant media (not doing audio at this stage) to the preferred formats.

The situation *is* now much better, but there's still significant number of files that is not accounted for.

I agree that this is probably some sort of feature that's required in a future release, but I would put if a bit higher than just a nice-to-have

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Unreferenced content0