Moving shares from one computer to another, how to handle this in XBMC?
Hi,

My computer that I have maped shares to within XBMC have gone under and now I have temporarily moved this shares(harddrives) to another computer in the network.

I have invested alot of time into setting "watched" on items in my shares so I want to keep this but redirect the shares to this new computer in XBMC.

Is this possible, and if so how?

(Running XBMC Edet Beta 2 on Windows7)
snowjim Wrote:Hi,

My computer that I have maped shares to within XBMC have gone under and now I have temporarily moved this shares(harddrives) to another computer in the network.

I have invested alot of time into setting "watched" on items in my shares so I want to keep this but redirect the shares to this new computer in XBMC.

Is this possible, and if so how?

(Running XBMC Edet Beta 2 on Windows7)

I'm not sure if it's been updated for Eden but there's an addon the exports and imports watched flags. I used it in Dharma and it performed well. Another option is to export your database to individual files, delete the database, then import back in. Exporting to a single file you would have to use search and replace to change paths. There's an advancedsettings.xml tag you need to add so that it keeps the watched status.
<videolibrary>
<importwatchedstate>true</importwatchedstate> <!-- import previously exported playdate and playcount from .nfo files
</videolibrary>
Mythbuntu doesn't need viruses - we have Sudo
Thanks,

But I dont get it, Why can´t I just change the share on XBMC? Its the same library only on another computer? Thes feels unnecessary hard?
The sql database be it mysql or sqlite stores alot of information. In your case it would be the path so

\\oldserver\share
\\newserver\share

the flags are set againts the full path so it sees the same files moved as new files, they will even appear twice if you rescan.
Solar Powered Server Xubuntu 13.04 Sickbeard+Sabnzbd+Couchpotato+Headphones+mysql running @ 20 watts
Home Clients ATV2, Ouya, Xubuntu and Windows 8 all 13.2
Moblie Clients SGS5 SG Note II and SG Tab S all 13.2
Dark Knight RT-AC66U merlins build

You can patch it in the MyVideos58.db - you can find the path in the path table. Check also the files table. Probably you have to recalculate the hash column too (see the wiki).

But this might be the harder way than just using export / patch / import.
Just use pathsubsitution. Then you don't have to recalculate the hash.

To share one library on two XBMC devices: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW..._libraries
I don't think, this will work. In the database there are fixed path entries. Path substitution is IMHO not evaluated on playback.

It is merely for redirecting the thumbs cache and the profile settings special:// stuff in .../AppData/xbmc/*.

You can circumvent this issues by using dfs or mapping shares to a folder (symlinks) or map shares to driveletters from the beginning so remapping is easier and completely transparent to xbmc - the path remains the same.
Ghetto solution (?):
Change the name of the temporary host of the disks to that of the old one, say \\officePC to \\FileServer (or direct IP if you use it).

Would of course only work if you have a pretty simple setup without a lot of other links to that computer.

Above is presuming that XBMC goes by \\sharename only, which is my guess, but not my knowledge.
HTPC: LibreELEC 7 on Shuttle XS35GTv2 & Raspberry Pi 3
NAS: NAS4Free 2x 3TB Raid1
xbmcg Wrote:I don't think, this will work. In the database there are fixed path entries. Path substitution is IMHO not evaluated on playback.

I assure you, it works. You can do it local to local, local to network, one network protocol to another protocol, etc. Path subs will make XBMC think that the old file paths are still being used.
I did this, I just moved the files and renamed the servers in a way that the new server has the same name as the old server used to have. I kept the same share names as well, of course. I am lazy.

You can as well use path substitution instead.
There we go!

Under the right circumstances, the simple solution is often the best Smile
HTPC: LibreELEC 7 on Shuttle XS35GTv2 & Raspberry Pi 3
NAS: NAS4Free 2x 3TB Raid1
My solution was to add the shares again but exclude them from been handled by XBMC(mapping).

My shares is setup with Ember so I do got all thumbs and so on in the shares.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Moving shares from one computer to another, how to handle this in XBMC?0