Using DAS storage and Apple TV
Okay so here is the situation. I am very new to the XBMC scene. I have a Direct Attached unraid server with a mapped drive for every share (Movies, Music, TV Shows). This is set up as a direct attached because I am at an apartment with wireless and I do not have access to the router to make it a NAS. This setup works great for my HTPC, but now I am trying to figure out the ATV2 in my bedroom. I have xbmc running on my ATV2 so no problems there. The problem is when I try and share to the ATV. I was able to succcessfully share a folder from my desktop on my htpc using the right-click and sharing options on windows 7, so I know the problem isnt there. But for some reason, I do not even have the option to share the server drives. there is not a sharing option at all. I was thinking maybe it was the mapped drives, but I am able to share my C drive if i really wanted to, but thats not the goal. So basically the question is, is there any way to share a direct attached storage mapped drive to an Apple TV? Thanks in advance for the help, XBMC rocks! Setup is apple tv 4.4.4 and windows 7 htpc both running Eden beta2
You are going to have to clarify what your setup is. What is the the das connected to? What are you trying to share from?
I am connect my das up to a dell zino (htpc) directly via ethernet. The zino runs the xbmc with all the movies off the server (das). I would like to set this up so I can run the atv2 in my bedroom and have everything show up. Dell zino is windows 7. Server is unraid, and atv2 is jailbroken on 4.4.4
I think i narrowed down the problem. For my c drive, I can right click and click share with. With the das mapped drives, there is no share option to even click

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Using DAS storage and Apple TV0