Ios 4.4.4 with xbmc needs downgrade?
Howdy. Before I start I would like to thank the team for the amazing work. I used to use xbmc on xbox1 ages ago and I am now back with a new atv2.
Big Grin

Well I am on Eden 2 Beta, have video playback problems, most avi`s and some mkv`s are stuttering, xbmc cpu is at 90% and above and I was wondering if I could do something about it.

Now after working through the Faq i read that 4.4.3 is recommended in combination with xbmc. Bummer since I got my atv2 with 4.4.4 and I am wondering now how to downgrade and which atv2 version exactly is the best in combination to use with xbmc because it seems that quiet a view different version of 4.43 are available?

Also I like to you use itunes match icloud and was wondering if the older version of 4.4.3 supports this feature.

Thank you!
Bet would be 4.3.x - but you are out of luck. There is no possibility for you to downgrade. (4.4.3 might be possible but is useless because it has no benefits).
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Hi Memphiz,
darn, i just noticed myself. Well I am on a fresh atv4.4.4 again because I get error 1602 from itunes trying to downgrade and it seems my shsh cant be signed. Guess I am stuck with 4.4.4. Just reinstalled nito, xbmc, etc.

But I would like to think positiv, what can I do to make the best of ios4.4.4 ? Can I find know issues some place? Is there a thread for 4.4.4 rejects that still wanna get the best out of the cute little box?

Thank you!
Well we have to wait first for a fixed seas0npass jailbreak. It has issues ...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
Ok, I will try to sit tight then. You guys want the logs I created this morning before I tried to downgrade and reinstalled?

Is there a way to tell xbmc to collect all the medata on my aldi nas via nfs?

I noticed that the smaller patition was at 91%. Mabye my xbmc became sluggish and avi`s stuttered because of all the stuff xbmc scrapers collected from video- and music-collection?

Is there anything a 4.4.4 reject can do to make the best of things or is there no hope at all?
maybe my xbmc.log helps. Spartacus and House playback had issues. I guess I am back to my vu+ duo untill issues are resolved. Wink
Cheers
For a start you can turn off library update on startup. Don't try and play anything while the library is updating. The poor thing doesn't have enough grunt to do both at once. Also I think you have sync to display turned on so it is trying to drop frames all over the place to follow you teev. Don't install plugins unless you are needing them.

You should be able to play h264 content up to 720p over wireless and 1080 over wired. xvid content (mpeg4 part 2) stuff should be fine up 480p over wired or wireless.

De-interlacing will stuff you up.

I am running 4.4.4 with no problems over wireless smb; But I don't try to run 1080 or vobs/isos.
THank you g-off. I will turn off scraper library features and sync to display and see if it helps. Also i read that 16bit audio might help. I will try that too. My cute little box is wirded up. Is there a release email list so I will can be informated about eden updates, or do forum members get informed via mail about updates already?
Anyway have a great wekkend!
It will appear in the rss news feed in xbmc itself (which is on by default when using the default confluence skin imho)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ios 4.4.4 with xbmc needs downgrade?0