Setting Up XBMC
Smile 
Hi there,

There seem to be a million different threads but i wondered if anyone could send me to some specific ones that might help me with a couple of things.

I've just started using XBMC i was using Boxee on my HTPC and before that Mediabrowser but from everything i see about XBMC it seems to do everything and gets regular updates.

A couple of things i was after that i know you can do in mediabrowser.

1. i have multiple sources of video running of a home server. i have a folder which has all my Blu ray backups which are complete rips inc menu's ect, i also have another folder with some of my other blu rays converted and shrunk in MKV files.... The issue i have is when i view the "movies" folder it doesn't state what source it's from ect just that it's 1080p and the codec..
Soooo i wondered if anyone had found a way of differentiating between the both?

2. Rather than have to go to Videos/Movies or Videos/TV Shows - is there anyway of having Movies & TV shows on the main bar rather than have to go through the Videos label?

Any guides to this sort of thing would be great.

Thanks a bunch
Number one you should be able to do with either Movie "Sets" or Smart Playlists. The XWMM web manager is a good tool for creating Movie sets. There is no TV sets currently. Depending on the skin you're using you can add main menu items for BluRay , BRips or whatever you want and attach a playlist to it. This is helpful if you have multiple copies of a title in different formats.

Number two is automatic if you have scanned your media into the library. If not then the Movie and TV Shows menu items do not appear on the main menu. There are also selections in the settings menu to hide/unhide main menu items so make sure they're not marked as "Hide".
Mythbuntu doesn't need viruses - we have Sudo
Fixed

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Setting Up XBMC0