• 70(current)
[WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats
You realize it's been less than 24 hours since this build became available, right? Right? Give the developers some time to get the information they need to figure out what is going on. This isn't McDonald's. In all likelihood it will take samples of problem files and/or debug logs to figure out why some users are having problems. In the meantime roll back to Damian's RC2 build as it appears to work fine!
Nice! Look forward to testing out the final release. RC2 has been working great so far!

Regarding Darby...seems like you have handshaking problems with the litter of HDMI devices you have plugged in. Remember basic troubleshooting...ELIMINATE VARIABLES. Have the PC hooked up to 1 AVR then to 1 TV...does it work? Then add on. You might try to force the EDID on the PC and see if that helps.
(2012-03-26, 17:32)voip-ninja Wrote: You realize it's been less than 24 hours since this build became available, right? Right? Give the developers some time to get the information they need to figure out what is going on. This isn't McDonald's. In all likelihood it will take samples of problem files and/or debug logs to figure out why some users are having problems. In the meantime roll back to Damian's RC2 build as it appears to work fine!

2nd that
(2012-03-26, 15:57)p750mmx Wrote: Same problem here. With RC2 everything seems to be ok but with the final version with HD-audio build in, MKV's video-display varies in speed, DTS audio seems ok. DTS-HD (Bly-Ray image on disk) audio sounds disturbt and is not ok. I've upgraded from RC2 to this final version.

Update: fixed it. There seem to be a difference with some audio-settings between the RC2 HD audio version and this final that first didn't matter bud no they do. Disabling Meridian losless..... and choosing another video to audio sync method fixed it for me.

Thank you I don't have anymore the problem of playing. But I don't have any sound on SD video (mp3 codec). I can play mp3 music.
(2012-03-26, 12:58)DanielaE Wrote: From my own experiences I can say: playing unmolested MLP (decoded by my AVR) sounds much better than decoded by XBMC and streamed as LPCM to the very same AVR. At least, this is true on my setup.

Agreed, and totally off-topic: I wish XBMC had an ISO parser to decode MLP directly from DVD-A ISO image... is that something you'd like to chew on? Smile

(2012-03-26, 12:58)DanielaE Wrote:
(2012-03-26, 12:13)Molika Wrote: would I be able to extract the mlp from an DVD-A and play it thru eden with the hd audio patch
Definitely yes!

From my own experiences I can say: playing unmolested MLP (decoded by my AVR) sounds much better than decoded by XBMC and streamed as LPCM to the very same AVR. At least, this is true on my setup.

That's an interesting option Daniela! I used your build to try out some test files and all worked well with my Onkyo 875 receiver. I have ripped a number of my DVD-As as multi-channel LPCM but I hadn't really tried the raw MLP data (which my receiver will support). My only issue is that I use margro's PVR branch as I have a DVB-T tuner, so it's kind of messy to swap between versions. Do you know of any combined HD audio and PVR build in existence - it would be, as they say, "the icing on the cake" Big Grin
MLP is a good way to "sneak" 24-bit data past the 16-bit limitation in XBMC. FLAC's ripped from DVD-A's will be identical (24/96 5.1 generally) but get truncated down to 16bit in mainline XBMC. I've ripped all mine to FLAC only for track seperation and the ability to add metadata, but have to play them thru Foobar or AE to get the 24-bit.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
XBMC-Eden11.0 HD-audio.zip Dedicated Download link 100Mbit (EU Mirror)
XBMC-RC2 HDAudio.zip Dedicated Download link 100Mbit (EU Mirror)

i'll try to keep it updated as soon as there's a new version or a update/bugfix.
and yes you can use this link in OP as download link if needed.
they are in zip because it didn't like the "+" in the filename
LibreElec Kodi | Aeon MQ ?
I tried hooking up my HTPC direct to my Denon AVR-1910, same results, I always get video fine but the audio playback device shows up as unplugged. Its so weird cuz all 3 of my other Denon AVRs work fine and I have even tried using one of the 3 AVRs with the TV in the room that is giving me grief, works fine. There has to be something about this AVR that causes my Nvidia to drop audio. Driving me nuts!
(2012-03-27, 19:51)TRaSH Wrote: XBMC-Eden11.0 HD-audio.zip Dedicated Download link 100Mbit (EU Mirror)
XBMC-RC2 HDAudio.zip Dedicated Download link 100Mbit (EU Mirror)

i'll try to keep it updated as soon as there's a new version or a update/bugfix.
and yes you can use this link in OP as download link if needed.
they are in zip because it didn't like the "+" in the filename

thanks.. good job.. mate
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality !
(2012-03-28, 02:06)Darby Wrote: I tried hooking up my HTPC direct to my Denon AVR-1910, same results, I always get video fine but the audio playback device shows up as unplugged. Its so weird cuz all 3 of my other Denon AVRs work fine and I have even tried using one of the 3 AVRs with the TV in the room that is giving me grief, works fine. There has to be something about this AVR that causes my Nvidia to drop audio. Driving me nuts!

Mine does that too with my nvidia card and I have to unplug / replug the hdmi cable to get it to show up again. Goes along with the annoyance of turning off the tv and having Windows swap monitors around and taking away the desktop.

Try setting the AVR's hdmi pass-through to the PC hdmi port if you can.

Also, this bitstream output is a wonderful addition!
Hello !

No one have the same problem : I havé on sound on Divx with mp3 audio ?

Thank you
Daniela, thank you for this, I now have the new builds on all my machinesSmile works great on all my Onkyo AVR's.
Ok, so now that I've had a chance to fiddle with trying to play some of these m2ts files from here :http://www.demo-world.eu/trailers/high-definition-trailers.php

I've noticed that I only get around 3 fps with no sound. Anyone else experiencing this?

Edit: I've reverted to the standard Eden version. The files play properly now, but the receiver lights up with "multi channel" and I've noticed some of the files, like the speaker check ones, have mixed up surround and surround back channels :|
A user asked about DVD-A and MLP files. Thought I'd share a few pointers about ripping/handling/playing.

DVD-Audio was one of two competitors to follow up on the Redbook CD standard - it's rival being SACD.

It was a way of storing high-definition audio on a DVD, making use of almost the full capacity of the DVD for tracks in PCM stored in MLP-packed format, and sometimes in DTS 96/24 format. Coming out later than normal DVD-Video, it was difficult to backup/rip due to a newer protection scheme and the use of a different structure than what most DVD-V ripping software used. Files were stored in the AUDIO_TS folder as opposed to the normal VIDEO_TS folder and .aobs were used similar to .vobs.

MLP stands for Meridian Lossless Packing, and is used in Dolby TrueHD lossless compression as well.

A program called DVD-A Explorer came to the rescue, allowing DVD-A's to be ripped in their native MLP-packed PCM, to unpacked PCM in wave headers, or with the addition of a path to FLAC.exe to FLAC-compressed lossless PCM.

Both formats are losslessly compressed, so either is identical in terms of audio quality.

MLP decoding has been part of FFMpeg for some time, and allows XBMC to unpack MLP to PCM, which was a feature used to bring lossless TrueHD decoding, but not bitstreaming, to XBMC. One of the things DanielaE has done is allow XBMC to bitstream MLP to a receiver capable of decoding it, including TrueHD and DVD-A MLP files. In the case of DVD-A, with FFMpeg repacking the audio in MLP dataframes and databursts, it maintains the 24-bit depth of DVD-A and TrueHD. Because the 24-bit data get's repacked into MLP frames it slips 24-bit data past the current XBMC 16-bit limitation.

So use DVD-A Explorer to rip/backup your precious DVD-A's and you can:
1) playback the MLP files and get lossless DVD-A
2) rip them further to 24-bit FLAC for track separation and metadata embedding. This further step can be done by ripping the files to wav's in DVD-A Explorer, then using EAC3TO and More GUI to convert to 24-bit FLAC and MP3Tag or other tagging software to embed metadata. When AE is merged you will get the full 24-bit glory from these as well, like all high-fidelity FLAC's.

I've got about 20 DVD-A's and especially since they are mostly out-of-print and few come out now (unlike SACD which has at least some titles still coming out) they are worth ripping. Hope that helps anyone who also has them and wants them preserved and part of their library.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
  • 70(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats17