[LIVE] Macbook Pro IR receiver, Lirc, and 3rd party remotes
I've been messing around with lirc a lot today, and after getting my Apple remote working, I am looking into getting the main remote for my JVC audio receiver working with the IR Receiver on my MacBook Pro

The receiver is a JVC RX-D301 and the remote is a RM-SRXD301J. No config file out there that I can find, but there seem to be plenty of other crappy, older JVC remotes that are compatible. I have tried using irrecord without any luck so far.

Is the Apple internal IR Receiver even capable of being used with remotes other than the Apple Remote? Where can I go to find out what sort of drivers I need to get my remote recognized? I feel like I'm pretty close, I just need to get irrecord to start picking up the signals...

Whew, i'd really appreciate a little guidance. I've had an interesting time tinkering with this all day but I am beginning to go a little crazy. This SEEMS possible. Thanks in advance!
I don't think so, I've never seen the OSX desktop IR controller respond to anything but an Apple IR remote.
Well, I may have spoke too soon! Smile

Late last night, I got my old Comcast universal remote thats been sitting around for ages to send to the reciever! I am happily recording commands as of this morning.

I'm not really sure what I did, I was futzing around with programming codes/unlocking keys all night and at a certain point irrecord just started working. The best part was as soon as I recorded the arrow keys, XBMC started responding to them right away Smile

I'll post my configs and such here in a couple of hours so that others might be able to benefit. Ideally, I've got a JVC remote for my receiver sitting right here that I'd like to use instead, so I may still need a little assistance.
I had trouble getting my macbook pro reading other remotes as well.
I assume it is something to do with the filter over the IR receiver (although I didn't hack it off to check).

My workaround was to get long press working on the apple remote with lirc.
see this thread.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LIVE] Macbook Pro IR receiver, Lirc, and 3rd party remotes0