• 22(current)
[ARCHIVED - WON'T UPDATE] XSqueeze - Squeezebox player for XBMC
Did you install the Repo?
Not sure what you mean. I have just installed RaspMC and was then expecting to see XSqueeze listed in the Add Ons. I'm guessing there is something very obvious that I have missed!
XSqueeze is not in the Official Repository, since it has a binary file with it.... please follow the instructions here: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add...stallation
Ah, makes sense, thanks!
I just wanted to thank you for the superb work!!
Everything works as expected!

Just having some very small issues and questions:
1) when playing radio streams I have some issues with the now playing not updating. Seems to be the case for "Antenne Bayern" a German stream. In the logitech ios app it is correctly displayed. Anyway, only a minor issuey.
2) is it somehow possible to start the application automatically? I would like some way of starting it headless, so my wife can play music throughout the whole house. My players are using Wake On LAN and start OpenElec -> XBMC without problems, even my stereo detects sound and turns on! But I still need to go to Programs and select the XSqueeze app. This is quite hard if you are not standing in front of the telly, which I also need to turn on.

Any hints or ideas?

Thumbs up for XSqueeze!
You could add it to autoexec.py
http://www.xbmcnerds.com - german xbmc community
(2012-06-01, 20:50)Lakritzator Wrote: I just wanted to thank you for the superb work!!
Everything works as expected!

Just having some very small issues and questions:
1) when playing radio streams I have some issues with the now playing not updating. Seems to be the case for "Antenne Bayern" a German stream. In the logitech ios app it is correctly displayed. Anyway, only a minor issuey.
2) is it somehow possible to start the application automatically? I would like some way of starting it headless, so my wife can play music throughout the whole house. My players are using Wake On LAN and start OpenElec -> XBMC without problems, even my stereo detects sound and turns on! But I still need to go to Programs and select the XSqueeze app. This is quite hard if you are not standing in front of the telly, which I also need to turn on.

Any hints or ideas?

Thumbs up for XSqueeze!

Thanks.

On 1 - If you can work out the squeezebox CLI command required to get the track info back for now playing I can add it. I know this is a week area but I don't use radio much really

On 2 - I think autoexec.py is the go if you need to run XSqueeze as such. But if you're just starting your box up and want to sync to existing players/XSqueeze elsewhere, you could basically install squeezeslave manually as a service and just have it connect to the network of players, without XSqueeze at all really...otherwise, yes, I think autoexec.py (RunScript(script.xsqueeze)) would do it - and set the add on setting to send a play signal at start (does this by default). Maybe if you tell me more precisely what you want to do?

(2012-06-01, 17:55)sdsnyr94 Wrote: It's not the XSqueeze you need compiled for ARM, but the squeezeslave binary.... XSqueeze should still work as a controller. And it is not going to be listed in the default XBMC add-ons... you need to add Bossonova808's repo.

Last I checked on the RaspPI forums, there were some successful attempts at compiling squeezeslave on the PI ..... I have not attempted this, since my PI will not arrive for another 3 weeks! Smile

Once you get a functional binary squeezeslave file, you should be good to go from there.

Well, pretty much - I will need to add platform detection support in XSqueeze perhaps, although it may just work as the default is linux 2.6+ and I presume that is what will be running on the Pi.

I will look at this once I get my Pi (late this month I think), so it will definitely happen if possible.

Should be able to grab the binary from here:

http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/viewto...6ae#p86056
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
(2012-05-26, 13:31)donabi Wrote: Yesterday i've used it the whole day. Perfectly(!) synced with my Squeezebox-Radio in the kitchen.
Thank you for this Addon. It is one of the best things that could happen in my setting. Finaly a working multiroom feature.

P.S.:
When running the Addon in "synced"-mode, i get at least some fanart.
To be honest, t don't realy care about the covers/fanart etc. The TV is off anyway when i'm using it Wink

But one more question...
Can i use multiple XBMC with this addon? I would like to run two ore three more in different rooms.

I've just re-read this - are you still having artwork issues with XSqueeze? If so, to help, can you answer post 302 - http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1108830 - I am sure we can solve it...
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Well... sometimes it works, sometimes not.
Today i've re-installed my whole system (complete new), so i'm testing.
But, as far as i've seen, at least a lot of text-info shows up and the fanart.addon works in background.
On the other hand, the fanart.addon blocked the xsqueeze when trying to stop the addon.

I have to test and read some more logs.
Does the addon have an own log?
http://www.xbmcnerds.com - german xbmc community
No, addons don't get their own log although it would be easy to implement such, might do that.

Honestly, try those URLs direct first, as the artwork retrieval for albums etc should work 100%.

Under Eden, anyway. Nighties to April are ok but the AE merge is a bit of a roadblock for XSqueeze on Windows due to needing wasapi exclusive mode.... Blocks anything else using the sound path. Don't think it's an issue in Linux but for solving this issue test with Eden.

Thanks for the reply, I'll have a look at the python scripts...

What I want to do? I want a simple way of having multiroom audio, having the same music in all rooms! Squeezeslave is very good for this, but explaining my wife to start the PC and select xsqueeze in every room is a bit complex. As all my openelec instances wake on lan, I have one problem solved. Now I would like to have a simple way to make all openelec instances start XSqueeze, preferably without having to turn on the screen. If possible using an IOS remote app. It would probably be the best if the Squeezeslave is automatically running in the background as start, but this prevents XBMC from opening the audio hardware.

Any tips or ideas?
Actually, I need the LMS CLI code, not so much the Python...once I have the right CLI code to retrieve the artist, the Python bit is usually eazy. In your LMS -> help -> technical information -> CLI you can find the docs for this. It's a fiddly telent type thing but you can test commands fairly easily (if you know basic pythong you can use the included tester.py in your XSqueeze folder to make this a bit easier...)

For the general issue - I guess I kinda repeat - sounds like you basically want to run these headless and synced to other players, so squeezeslave manually installed on the machine seems like a sensible option for you. So for now you just need a manual squeezslave auto-starting on your machine and make sure those playes are configured to auto-connect and sync to your playing group. Should be easy enough.

That said, I am thinking of moving the squeezeslave stuff into a separate service add on so that is easier to achieve - then you'll be able to explicitly choose if it jsut runs all the time, or start/stops with XSqueeze....and get some direct manual controls to restart the service etc. if required. That would also later facilitate using other players more easily I would guess ... (e.g. headless squeezeplay if such a thing ever comes about) ....

But I haven't done any service addons yet, need to look at this. Don't think it will be too crazy though.
Thank you for your answer! Add-ons might be a solution, can an add-on add a function to the remote API?

I know how to use squeezeslave standalone, the problem is that 90% of the time we use our openelec XBMC for video. Starting squeezeslave in the background will block the audio device.

I guess I just need a solution to start XSqueeze (or squeezeslave) on all systems at the same time, and have the possibility to stop it, by using a remote command. I'll have a look at the API/Addon possibilities.
You probably just need an asound.conf that allows shared access to the audio device...if you google around there are examples, e.g.

http://openelec.tv/forum/13-miscellaneou...t=40#27027

Pretty good demo of Squeezeslave on raspberry pi here:
http://dabdig.blogspot.com.au/2012/05/ru...ry-pi.html

...hopefully we can get someone to integrate squeezeslave into of the pi distros with xbmc - would make a very cheap XBMC/squeezebox station for music at least...

• 22(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[ARCHIVED - WON'T UPDATE] XSqueeze - Squeezebox player for XBMC3