• 25(current)
[ARCHIVED - WON'T UPDATE] XSqueeze - Squeezebox player for XBMC
So has anyone actually managed to obtain 0.5.6?? I can't get it download....
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
OK I have fixed things I think and pushed 0.5.7 out which should actually arrive this time....this is the one with ARM (i.e. Pi) support.

OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
I was going to test to see if I would get 0.5.6..... and got 0.5.7.

Just figured I'd let you know it's working.

Also wanted to note... after each update, I get the audio dropouts in Openelec again... until I add the '-y200' argument. Looking at the XSqueeze Wiki, that argument is not listed under the "Audio Issues (dropouts, no audio etc)" section... but it is listed as a side note under "Local Playback". May be beneficial to others to add that under Audio Issues also.
yeah good idea, will add it there. Surely it remembers the setting across updates? Generally they do (you don't uninstall first do you, you don't need to...)

I have also just found a way of running squeezeplay headless so might experiment with that at some stage, although will be a lot of work....but would open up other music services I guess (with the price being worse synchronisation, but I would offer both alternatives I guess)...

Ok so 0.5.7 is broken on Windows...will fix soon!
(2012-07-01, 09:06)Paul Webster Wrote:
(2012-06-27, 08:34)bossanova808 Wrote: How does one make the sudo modprobe snd-bcm2835 thingy permenant? I thought if I put such a snd-bcm2835.conf (empty) file in /etc/modprobe.d/ it would auto load it but apparently not? Hints, I'm not a huge linux user....

Easy way is to add snd-bcm2835 to the end of the text file /etc/modules

Huh - yeah -thanks - that's obvious, woops. I was looking in modprobes.d and trying to do it in there...

0.5.8 out - fixes broken windows...
There is a small mistake (I think) in constants.py which stops it running on the OpenELEC version of XBMC on RPi.
"armv61" should be "armv6l" ... i.e. change 1 (one) to l (as in llama).
However, even after that change it will not work because I think that PulseAudio is not yet working in the OpenELEC RPi build.
Could you post the full output of uname -a on OE Pi?

I thought I got it right but it's probably a typo...might as well consider it all to do it the best way tho'

...and yes it will need an udio system of some sort Smile

>>The linux version supports ALSA, pulseaudio and OSS audio, IR remotes, USB displays, on screen text mode display and keyboard navigation.

Python 2.7.3 (default, Jul 4 2012, 04:13:00)
[GCC 4.7.1] on linux2
Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information.
>>> import platform
>>> import os
>>> print os.uname()
('Linux', 'openelec', '3.2.21', '#1 PREEMPT Wed Jul 4 04:05:47 BST 2012', 'armv6l')
>>> print platform.uname()
('Linux', 'openelec', '3.2.21', '#1 PREEMPT Wed Jul 4 04:05:47 BST 2012', 'armv6l', '')

Note: the "platform" call works (at least on OpenELEC) so the comment in constants.py could mislead
"#ok try and get uname info - this is a bit tetchy - platform.uname() fails on Pi
#but os.uname() fails on Windows....platform is the better one to use if possible,
#so try that first, otherwise fall back to os.uname()"
ok thanks, will fix & comment too.
OK 0.5.9 release with the 1 now an l Smile - thanks Paul for the info.

Just set up my LMS Smile Thanks for this plugin!

I can't seem to install XSqueeze 0.5.9 add-on on XBMC 11 (Win7). When I try to install it, it would say Downloading 0% and then nothing.

Edit: Same thing happens when I try to install it in Openelec 1.95.4
Yeah something obscure is going on with either mr repo or GoogleCode - can't figure it out. 0.5.8 seemed to work fine, but despite using the identical process, I am having the same issue with 0.5.9 (only difference I did one at work, one at home, so maybe sort of weird git issue at home??)

Here's a link to 0.6.0 as a a zip you can use to do a manual install:
http://bossanova808-xbmc-addons.googleco...-0.6.0.zip
Thanks for the new release. Now I get "ADD-ON does not have correct structure" when trying to install it manually. Copying the extracted folder to addon_data will not show XSqueeze in XBMC Sad
  • 25(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[ARCHIVED - WON'T UPDATE] XSqueeze - Squeezebox player for XBMC3