• 57(current)
[ARCHIVED - WON'T UPDATE] XSqueeze - Squeezebox player for XBMC
Hi,

Are you available for a commercial job to get local playback working on android?

Thanks,
Rob
Hey Rob

I don't write either of the players used by XSqueeze for audio playback. I'd talk to triode over @ the slimdevices forums - he writes the best one (squeezelite) and is a bit of a gun.

If there becomes available a headless android player, I have a new Nexus 7I'd be happy to get it working on...
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
Hi there,

My setup is: Xbian on Raspberry Pi with XBMC and XSqueeze already installed
For access I am using the remote control of my CEC supported AV Receiver, that's working fine.

Problem: I can't get XSqueeze to connect to the squeezeslave player, which is in deed working fine on the console
The challenge is now, that I don't want to shutdown xmbc and start squeezeslave manually every time I don't want to watch videos, but listen to music.

Debug Log: http://pastebin.com/1wPHQgq7

Hope anyone can help

best regards

schoofi
On my tablet so not so easy to read such a long log but I did notice that maybe you have a space in your args where you shouldn't. -o0 maybe? I forget offhand one player need spaces with args, the other not. In your case you have some args with, some without. So look there to start maybe?
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Thanks bossanova808,

that's a good point but unfortunately that's not the issue. I just tested it.
The log I have posted is a complete debug log form XBMC.

Here is a non-debug log and it just contains the XSqueeze part:
http://pastebin.com/JQGMNYNr

To be more precise:
15:55:16 T:2909795392 NOTICE: ### XSqueeze-1.0.2 ### Process ID for player is 1534
15:55:16 T:2909795392 NOTICE: ### XSqueeze-1.0.2 ### Brief pause for dust to settle: Default 2 seconds plus user requested seconds: 0
15:55:17 T:3042779136 ERROR: Remote Translator: Can't find button mypvr
15:55:19 T:2909795392 ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
15:55:19 T:2909795392 ERROR: File "/home/xbian/.xbmc/addons/script.module.xsqueezecommon/lib/XSqueezeCommon.py", line 100, in __init__

best regards

schoofi
Hey

Yeah I am aware it's a debug log...seen a few before Wink - my point is that's it's not really a minimal debug log (where you start xbmc and do only the absolutele minimum to trigger the issue) - there's a bejesus load of remote usage and huge amount of log spew from CEC and JSON. XBMC logs are getting messier and messier....anyway.

So this is *identical* to what you are running off the command line?
### XSqueeze-1.0.2 ### Attempting to start player: ['/home/xbian/.xbmc/addons/script.xsqueeze/resources/bin/arm/squeezes
lave', '-mb8:27:eb:20:57:f8', '-o0', '192.168.2.70']

My best guess is that xbmc is hogging the audio device. Can you try it from the command line but while leaving XBMC running (as opposed to killing it and dropping back to the command line?) - you should then see the issue.

Normally after this : 11:46:20 T:2901406784 NOTICE: ### XSqueeze-1.0.2 ### Suspended XBMC AE ... you get some other XBMC stuff confirming AE has been suspended but I don't see it here.

I am not so sure on xbian - cn you disable AE?

Also - have you tried squeezelite (it's the better of the two players by far really)
Thanks for your hints. That led in deed to an issue that I didn't notice before. When I run the squeezeslave as root everything is working fine, even when xmbc is running I can listen to music. However, in this case I cannot use xbmc anymore to playback something until I kill squeezeslave. But when I try to run squeezeslave as a normal user I receive an error msg:

xbian@xbian ~/.xbmc/addons/script.xsqueeze/resources/bin/arm $ ./squeezeslave -mb8:27:eb:20:57:f8 -o0 192.168.2.70
PortAudio error7: No output devices found.

For squeezlite I receive:
[09:04:15.921281] test_open:160 playback open error: No such file or directory
[09:04:15.923212] output_init:1391 unable to open output device

Regarding your other hints I am not sure what to do. What does "disable AE" mean and how can I do that?
Regarging squeezelite, I was not able to get that thing running successfully, it produces a permanent background noise when running as root. Like a black and white testpicture in the TV in the 80s :-(

schoofi
In RaspBMC there is an option whether or not to use AE I believe...maybe not in xbian.

Hmm, users/permissions & devices - getting out of me areas of comfort with a distro I've only tried one. Best to ask in the xbian forums I'd say.
ok thanks for your help. Do you think the main problem is that I can't even execute squeezeslave as a normal user, or that AE needs to be disabled?
The problem is your user is not in the "audio" group. Are you using the default "pi" user? If not, try that...
I'm running xbmcbuntu-12.2.Intel-NVIDIA on my Acer Aspire Revo R3700 nettop but cannot for the life of me get Xsqueeze to connect to Logitech Media Server on my NAS. I've entered the correct IP address & the port numbers haven't been changed from default. Other Squeezebox devices can connect to the server OK. Is there an idiot's guide to setting this up?

Log file is here http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=59110 (hope I've done this correctly, it's my first attempt!).

Thanks
Ok it's definitely a server connection error (usually the easy part).

Can you drop out to the command line and run it manually and see what it says?

Basically like this:
### XSqueeze-1.0.2 ### Attempting to start player: ['/home/dwl/.xbmc/addons/script.xsqueeze/resources/bin/linux/squeezelite-i386', '-m', '00:00:00:00:00:01', '192.168.0.77']

so I guess:
/home/dwl/.xbmc/addons/script.xsqueeze/resources/bin/linux/squeezelite-i386 -m 00:00:00:00:00:01 192.168.0.77

It's most likely a basic networking issue - is that definitely the right IP? is the port open on the server? etc.

...also, once you can connect to server, you might want to give your XSqueeze a better MAC ID - a fake unique one, as this is what is used to register the player with mysqueezebox.com as a unique player, which allows various serverices to work, like Pandora etc.
(PS I note that's the 32-bit being called - you are running 32 bit ubuntu right? If not, try the 64 bit binary from the command line..it may be something is going wrong in the bit depth detection?)
I've tried following the wiki and I am almost there.

My main issue is the fact that I have no sound at all, but I also experience slow navigation and a lack of player controls.

Here's my log.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=59678

Thanks in advance for your support, this add-on seems to be the missing link in my perfect XBMC set up!
(2013-09-16, 03:50)bossanova808 Wrote: Ok it's definitely a server connection error (usually the easy part).

Can you drop out to the command line and run it manually and see what it says?

Basically like this:
### XSqueeze-1.0.2 ### Attempting to start player: ['/home/dwl/.xbmc/addons/script.xsqueeze/resources/bin/linux/squeezelite-i386', '-m', '00:00:00:00:00:01', '192.168.0.77']

so I guess:
/home/dwl/.xbmc/addons/script.xsqueeze/resources/bin/linux/squeezelite-i386 -m 00:00:00:00:00:01 192.168.0.77

It's most likely a basic networking issue - is that definitely the right IP? is the port open on the server? etc.

...also, once you can connect to server, you might want to give your XSqueeze a better MAC ID - a fake unique one, as this is what is used to register the player with mysqueezebox.com as a unique player, which allows various serverices to work, like Pandora etc.
Thanks - I'm sure it's a 32-bit installation, I downloaded it from http://mirrors.xbmc.org/releases/XBMCbun...mirrorlist
I went to Xsqueeze settings, entered the correct IP address for LMS on the NSA210, ticked the box in Xsqueeze to use as a local player, selected Squeezelite and gave it a fake MAC address of 23:23:23:23:23:2b. Still no success connecting. I also have LMS running on my Win7 PC and it wouldn't connect to that either.

Next, I SSHd into the Revo with the same username & password as for the Ubuntu installation and typed /home/dwl/.xbmc/addons/script.xsqueeze/resources/bin/linux/squeezelite-i386 -m 23:23:23:23:23:2b 192.168.0.77 but nothing seemed to happen.

The information displayed on the Zyxel LMS is:
Logitech Media Server Version: 7.7.1 - r33735 @ Mon Nov 28 16:49:58 MST 2011
Hostname: NSA310
Server IP Address: 192.168.0.77
Server HTTP Port Number: 9000
Operating system: Linux - EN - utf8
Platform Architecture: armv5tel-linux
Perl Version: 5.10.0 - armv5tel-linux
Database Version: DBD::SQLite 1.34_01 (sqlite 3.7.7.1)
Total Players Recognized: 2

SqueezeLite 2
Player Model: SqueezeLite
Player IP Address: 192.168.0.17
Player MAC Address: 23:23:23:23:23:2b

Squeezebox Radio
Player Model: Squeezebox Radio
Firmware: 7.7.2-r9663
Player IP Address: 192.168.0.6
Player MAC Address: 00:04:20:2b:9b:8a
Wireless Signal Strength: 75%

So it looks as if LMS can now see Xsqueeze! I also tried increasing the connection timeout to 25 seconds but still no success.
  • 57(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[ARCHIVED - WON'T UPDATE] XSqueeze - Squeezebox player for XBMC3