TV Shows / Banners or Posters / Region
Hello,

I'm using the Horizontal Confluence skin that comes with XBMC Eden beta 2 and I've noticed something weird. If my language (System/Settings/Apparence/International) is set to "English" and I go to TV Shows, I get this :

As you can see, the season poster is displayed and that's how I want it to be. Now, if I set my language to French I get this :

The poster is gone, and the TV Show banner is displayed.

Why would the language change the way season posters are displayed ? Could someone tell me more about this ? I would like the posters to be displayed even when my language is set to french...

Thanks for any input,

Khad
Tested this with several shows and several seasons...

I can not reproduce this...
Is this a second profile or something?
Maybe you unchecked "User Posters for TVShows"?

Can you check this?

mm
- - - Tribute to Metallica - - -
If I managed to help you, please click my reputation
Hi mad-max,

Thanks for your reply.

"User Posters for TVShows" is not checked, this is the default it seems. As I understand, this options makes XBMC show posters instead of banners for the show, not the seasons. If I tick this checkbox, I can't display banners for the shows. What I would like to do is display banners for shows and posters for seasons. It works when I set language to English (or English US) and region to Central Europe. When I set language to French and Region to Belgium, XBMC displays banners for seasons.

I can reproduce this on my AppleTV2 and on my Windows machines.

Now to be complete, I should mention that I'm using EMM to scrape my TV Shows and my folder structure looks like this :

Code:
\TV Shows
    \Phineas & Ferb
        \tvshow.nfo
        \folder.jpg
        \fanart.jpg
        \Phineas & Ferb S01E01.avi
        \Phineas & Ferb S01E01.nfo
        \Phineas & Ferb S01E01.tbn
        \Phineas & Ferb S02E01.avi
        \Phineas & Ferb S02E01.nfo
        \Phineas & Ferb S02E01.tbn
        \season-all.tbn
        \season01.tbn
        \season02.tbn

Regards,

Khad
Khad Wrote:If I tick this checkbox, I can't display banners for the shows. What I would like to do is display banners for shows and posters for seasons.

According to your structure it needs a modification in the code...

As you do not have a folder for each season where a folder.jpg can lie in, you need to specify one seasonXX.jpg per season in the code...
I think it would be easier to have it's own folder for a season and then place a folder.jpg within each season...
That way you only have to kill on "Skin.HasSetting(useposters_or_so)" in the xml for Container.Content(Seasons)...

cheers,
mad-max
- - - Tribute to Metallica - - -
If I managed to help you, please click my reputation
I'm not sure I understand what you wrote but I have created 1 folder per season and rescraped everything.

Still the same... Everything is fine when language is English but when I switch to French I get the banner when a season is selected. By the way, I'm not using "file mode". I have unticked "Hide - TV Shows (Videos - Library)" in the options for the skin and I click TV Shows on the Home Menu.

My folder structure is now :

Code:
\TV Shows
        \Phineas & Ferb
            \fanart.jpg
            \folder.jpg
            \season01.tbn
            \season02.tbn
            \season-all.tbn
            \tvshow.nfo
            \Season 1
                \folder.jpg
                \Phineas & Ferb S01E01.avi
                \Phineas & Ferb S01E01.nfo
                \Phineas & Ferb S01E01.tbn
            \Season 2
                \folder.jpg
                \Phineas & Ferb S02E01.avi
                \Phineas & Ferb S02E01.nfo
                \Phineas & Ferb S02E01.tbn

I can live with that, english is fine but it bothers me not to know why it behaves another way when I change only the language.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Shows / Banners or Posters / Region0