• 5(current)
XBMC 11.0 Eden: Beta3 available now
I'm unable to perform the update on atv2.
Still running beta2 and when trying to perform the update via terminal (like explained in the wiki) i receive the message that the latest build of xbmc is installed.

What am I doing wrong here?
I tried to rebuild the dependencies with nitoTV but that didn't solve the problem.
Thanks.
Thumbs Up 
Thanks for another great (beta!) release guys. Upgrade from beta 2 went super smooth on my ATV2. Everyone that sees it it greatly impressed (and so am I!).

Good luck on chasing those last bugs away!
PhilYHC Wrote:can anyone tell me how to increase the font size of the installer gui please?

its unreadable on my 40" telly...

XBMCbuntu beta 3 version with improved installer
ohm... how can i remove an added movie folder?

Video -> Files -> add location works, but there's no remove in context menu anylonger...?!
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice :)
Wanna help translate TMM ?
Just upgraded from beta2 to beta3 all nice and dandy works like a charm the faster boot map reading and all.

But in beta2 (and before) the file list always had the full file name (the.looney.tunes.show.2011.s01e25.hdtv.xvid-fqm) in beta3 it only shows the name (the looney tunes show 2011) even though the extention and meta data options are on.Huh
m3g4tr0n Wrote:XBMCbuntu beta 3 version with improved installer

i appreciate the help, but it did not make any differance.

i am currently running XBMCLive 10.1 can you upgrade to beta 3 via terminal/putty?

i have looked for an answer but i'm not sure if i looked in the right places...
PhilYHC Wrote:i appreciate the help, but it did not make any differance.

i am currently running XBMCLive 10.1 can you upgrade to beta 3 via terminal/putty?

i have looked for an answer but i'm not sure if i looked in the right places...

have you tried installing using a pc monitor (small screen)?
i would, but my htpc has either DVI or HDMI out, and i only have vga monitors, and no DVI>VGA adapter, nor anyone i can borrow one from...
speedyj Wrote:Just upgraded from beta2 to beta3 all nice and dandy works like a charm the faster boot map reading and all.

But in beta2 (and before) the file list always had the full file name (the.looney.tunes.show.2011.s01e25.hdtv.xvid-fqm) in beta3 it only shows the name (the looney tunes show 2011) even though the extention and meta data options are on.Huh

settings > videos > file lists > replace file names with library titles
m3g4tr0n Wrote:settings > videos > file lists > replace file names with library titles

Check was on all the time. Laugh

Thanks
myron Wrote:ohm... how can i remove an added movie folder?

Video -> Files -> add location works, but there's no remove in context menu anylonger...?!

you dont have remove source?
does anyone get the issue where the slideshow screensaver stops working after a few min. I have had this issue with every build of eden. I still have it in the latest beta. It works for a while and then stops randomly. All other screensavers work fine. It really sucks b/c I put a lot of time into finding great images for this screensaver but having a plasma screen it is too dangerous to use...
c3kkos Wrote:why the HELL all your movies are rar'ed? Shocked

Big Grin

+1
I never understood why people do that (other than laziness).... But if ALL are rar'd then I'm doubly stumped!
I ran some tests with the screensaver using various skins and settings. I have found that if I use a directory containing only images it works fine. I never had problems until I switched to Eden so if I understood better the limitations of the program or how it loads the images it could help a lot.

Normally I load the images from Z:/ however this causes my glitch. Z:/ contained all sorts of files

In my test that worked I instead loaded from Z:/Bakemonogatari/extrafanart

This leads me to two a few possible causes
1. Screensaver fails when it tries to load some non image file
2. Screensaver fails on some corrupted image somewhere
3. Screensaver does not like the large number of directories
4. Screensaver does not like large number of files
5. Screensaver loads images from cache and not directly and one of these cache files is corrupt.

Can someone help me figure out what could have caused this? Is it worth clearing my cache file?

As I said it worked pre Eden so something must have changed in the programing that introduced this bug I just do not know what...
I tried XBMC Beta3 out on my 1st Gen AppleTV, but ended up going back to Dharma again due to unacceptable issues I encountered once again.

Pros:

-Large pictures load much faster than Dharma

-Weather information works again (although Weather Plus is BROKE in Beta 3 and it worked in Beta 1; I get a script error here. I switched to Weather Underground and it worked fine).

I have mixed feelings about the new default GUI. I think I preferred the Dharma one better overall, though.

Cons:

-Random slideshow in Pictures works as Random with Delete in Dharma (i.e. it will create a random list of all the pictures in a directory and/or recursive and then go through them all and repeat when they've all been shown once). Here, it appears to now be random without delete and so you can end up seeing the same photo a half dozen times in an hour but never see another photo even once. I see no option to change this behavior. This counters any positive feelings I had about faster loading of large photos.

-The real deal breaker is the same problem I had when I tried Beta 1 and I thought it would surely have been fixed or worked around by now and that is that once you play a song with the ProjectM visualizer, it screws up the overscan/placement settings of the screen (everything moves downward so that the bottom of the screen is now below the visible area). It will NOT come back to normal until you exit the program and restart it and happens all over again once you use that visualizer again. Seeing that every single other visualizer included with XBMC sucks royally (and nothing comes up with "get more" so there's NOTHING to replace ProjectM with to get around this short of just looking at a blank screen), this makes the program unusable for me. It's too bad there isn't even a slideshow option to use during music like the AppleTV interface has. I probably would have been OK using that until ProjectM is fixed, but I don't really want to stare at a black screen or a basic wave form or jumping bar graphs.

Overall, I noticed no difference between Beta1 and Beta3. I'm sure bugs were fixed, but nothing I ran into and Weather Plus was broken in Beta3 to boot. I'll hope for better with the next one (shrug). Frankly, with a weather fix for Dharma and I'd just keep using it indefinitely, at least until IDtags for videos/movies are supported.

I'm not sure what new features are included in Eden offhand, but from a simple user perspective, it seems mostly like some trivial interface changes on the surface. I'm sure more is going on under the hood, but it'd be cool to see some more basic functionality changes.

For instance, some features that would make XBMC truly better, IMO:

-Movie IDTag support (scrapers are unreliable and not customizable)

-Preference screen radio button selection for grey bars on plasma tvs (you shouldn't have to edit a script file to get this, IMO)

-Ability to search for other XBMC enabled boxes on the local network and synchronize changes to file directory setups for tv shows, etc. so you don't have to manually change them or jump through hoops with external scripts once again to do something XBMC could be set up to do itself (by talking to the other boxes on the network and comparing changes). One XBMC box could be designated master/server on the network and keep track of which movies, etc. are watched, position in the movie, etc. and pass it on to the others like AppleTV does automatically through iTunes. It'd be nice to be able to start a show in one room and finish in another, if desired.

-Support for Apple's Airtunes and/or Airplay features (I hate losing the ability to play music all around the house while in the XBMC interface).

-Ability to read and display lyrics for a song from the IDTag files (iOS does this on an iPod/iPhone when you tap the screen, but they never added it to AppleTV so it would be cool to see here). I see a lyric button, but it doesn't seem to work or doesn't garner it from the file (all of my music is loaded with the lyrics on-board)

-Easily modified customizable remote configuration behavior (you can't possibly control the major playback functions from something like a simple AppleTV remote even to the same degree as Apple's interface (e.g. fast forward or chapter skip are out of the question; even with my universal remote, I don't have buttons that I can use as chapter skip, just fast forward). I realize XBMC isn't designed around AppleTV, but that's all the more reason a custom/assign setup would be handy. For instance, to be able to use the jump forward and reverse buttons as search instead and search buttons as chapter, I'd have full basic control on my universal remote. Volume buttons could be assigned for volume and up/down could bring up the gui instead of holding the button down until it comes up. As it is, I have to bring up the overlay gui and select chapter skip from there.
THEATER: Epson 3100 3D Projector, DaLite 92" screen, 11.1.6 (Marantz SR7012 + Yamaha HTR-5960 + Onkyo ESPro) - Mixed Dialog Lift  - PSB T45/B15/S50/X1T/CS500 Speakers & Def Tech PF-1500 15" sub ; Sources: PS4, LG UP875 UHD, Nvidia Shield (KODI), ATV4K, Zidoo X9S (ZDMC), LD, GameCube
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC 11.0 Eden: Beta3 available now2