• 1(current)
XBMC 11.0 Eden: Beta3 available now
Brick 
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Got it, Running it seems to have a better movie set creation capability. is there a change log for beta 3 yet?
UPnP bugs not fixed.
will I need to update my librtmp.0.dylib again ?
iim using : ppa:wsnipex/xbmc-xvba
will this be updated to?
or can i update this on the local version.

Mint 12 / Xbmc beta 2
HTPC: Intel Nuc i3 8109u | 8Gb Ram | Windows 10 Pro
thanx!
installed the mac osx version... it runs flawless, the movie archive seems to be faster than in the beta2
I am still using Beta 1 on both of my installs. I will try and do an update tonight on at least one of them to see if I notice any changes. My only issues with Beta 1 is the random and rare lockups (maybe twice total this has happened), and the way it forces the Underworld Movies as a set and not individually listed. My Windows 7 32 bit install has a big delay when launching Beta 1, but the other system with lower specs but 64 bit launches almost instantaneously. I am about 99% sure that is a windows configuration issue and has nothing to do with XBMC itself. If Beta 3 doesn't change that, I am going to start from scratch and upgrade to 64 bit, which I should have done from the start.

Anxious to see how it does and as always thanks for this software!!! It's basically the only thing I run on my TV now.
Upgrading on Windows from beta2 to beta3. I've been running a central MySQL database which was version 58. Beta3 tries to upgrade this to version 60 but fails and crashes on each load of XBMC:

Quote:21:08:22 T:5284 ERROR: Unable to open database: xbmc_video60 [1049](Unknown database 'xbmc_video60')
21:08:22 T:5284 ERROR: Unable to open database: xbmc_video59 [1049](Unknown database 'xbmc_video59')
21:08:22 T:5284 NOTICE: Old database found - updating from version 58 to 60
21:08:23 T:3320 ERROR: CRemoteControl::Connect - failed to connect
21:08:24 T:5284 ERROR: Unable to copy old database xbmc_video58 to new version xbmc_video60
21:08:24 T:5284 ERROR: SQL: The table does not exist
Query: SELECT idVersion FROM version

Looking at the server, the new database only contained the two first tables (actorlinkepisode and actorlinkmovie). I then tried to delete the database and try again, but no luck.
Reverting back to beta2...
bleze Wrote:Upgrading on Windows from beta2 to beta3. I've been running a central MySQL database which was version 58. Beta3 tries to upgrade this to version 60 but fails and crashes on each load of XBMC:

Looking at the server, the new database only contained the two first tables (actorlinkepisode and actorlinkmovie). I then tried to delete the database and try again, but no luck.

I've got exactly the same issue here:

In beta 1 and beta 2 it worked, and the log is now repeatedly mentioning the following:

21:05:39 T:3952 NOTICE: Attempting to update the database xbmc_video60 from version 0 to 60
21:05:39 T:3952 ERROR: SQL: Undefined MySQL error: Code (1060)
Query: ALTER TABLE settings ADD VerticalShift float
21:05:39 T:3952 ERROR: Error attempting to update the database version!
21:05:39 T:3952 ERROR: Can’t update the database xbmc_video60 from version 0 to 60
21:05:39 T:3952 ERROR: Unable to open database: xbmc_video59 [1049](Unknown database ‘xbmc_video59′Wink
21:05:39 T:3952 NOTICE: Old database found – updating from version 58 to 60
21:05:39 T:3952 ERROR: SQL: Can’t create database for copy: ‘xbmc_video58′ (1007)
21:05:39 T:3952 ERROR: Unable to copy old database xbmc_video58 to new version xbmc_video60

Anything i can do to solve this without having to dump the database and start over with the library again??
Excuse my newbness when it comes to Linux, but if I want to install XBMCbuntu on my Acer Aspire Revo, what do I need to do? I've downloaded the iso file and extracted the contents, do I need to just throw them on a flash drive or is there something I need to do to make it bootable?
MySQL db update worked for me.

I created the xbmc_video (no number) when I fiorst set it up and after updating to Beta3 I have the autocreated myvideo58 and now also the myvideo60.
TeKo Wrote:MySQL db update worked for me.

I created the xbmc_video (no number) when I fiorst set it up and after updating to Beta3 I have the autocreated myvideo58 and now also the myvideo60.

Can you explain further? First create a backup of your db's. Then rename myvideo58 to myvideo60?
1 Original XBOX XBMC with every game under the sun
3 Raspberry Pi's w/ Openelec Kodi shared MySQL db
1 Win7 Kodi hosting shared MySQL and media
1 Mythbuntu backend v.27 and HD Homerun Prime 3 tuners
Thanks for the update guy's, looking forward to installing in on my apple TV2.

Does anyone know if I can update from Eden Beta 2 to Beta 3 using a command from inside putty (SSH)?
Yousty Wrote:Excuse my newbness when it comes to Linux, but if I want to install XBMCbuntu on my Acer Aspire Revo, what do I need to do? I've downloaded the iso file and extracted the contents, do I need to just throw them on a flash drive or is there something I need to do to make it bootable?

Burn the image in a cd or prepare a flash drive with (for example) unetbootin.

Farewell
bleze Wrote:Upgrading on Windows from beta2 to beta3. I've been running a central MySQL database which was version 58. Beta3 tries to upgrade this to version 60 but fails and crashes on each load of XBMC:

I too had this problem. To get around it, I did the following:

1. Back up my current database
  2. Exported my database via System >> Settings >> Video >> Export Video Library (followed the same setps for my music library)
  3. Deleted my current database
  4. Updated XBMC and let it automatically install the new database during its first boot.
  5. Imported the databases that were backed up in step 2.

While we shouldn't have to do this, it was quickest way to update to B3 using a shared mysql database. I tried several other options first, including granting all privileges to xbmc on the new database that was being created and nothing worked.

Now that the database is updated, I have 4 more XBMC clients to go get updated so that we're all using the new database (Video60).

And for what it's worth, here's the portion of my advancedsettings.xml file for the shared database:

Code:
<!--
     #######################################################################################
     Allows advanced customization of the default database settings for video.
     #######################################################################################
     -->

<videodatabase>
       <type>mysql</type>
       <host>###.###.###.###</host>
       <user>xbmc</user>
       <pass>xbmc</pass>
     </videodatabase>

<!--
     Allows advanced customization of the default database settings for music.
     -->

<musicdatabase>
       <type>mysql</type>
       <host>###.###.###.###</host>
       <user>xbmc</user>
       <pass>xbmc</pass>
     </musicdatabase>
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC 11.0 Eden: Beta3 available now2