• 6(current)
XBMC 11.0 Eden: Beta3 available now
I installed XBMCbuntu beta 3 and everything seems to work fine except for television show icons. I have icons downloaded for all of my television shows and they all worked with the last stable release, but once I upgraded they no longer appear in xbmc. I've tried both the Neon and Aeon skins but neither seem to display the icons correctly, so it isn't a problem with the skin. Is there a fix for this?
@VonMagnum: you're wrong regarding the slideshow - it simply takes a list of all photos, randomizes it, then plays that randomized list in order. If you're not seeing a particular photo, perhaps that photo couldn't be loaded for some reason?

No idea what you're talking about with ProjectM - if you haven't already done so, please post a bug report (or bump the one you've posted).

As for your other issues, yes you need to edit advancedsettings.xml for grey black bars. This is because 99.99% of users don't care about it (yours is the first comment I've seen in a few years).

You could try upnp for multi-xbmc box stuff. It's not ideal, I agree, but really we as devs need a push here to improve it - more people jumping up and down about what works well and what doesn't work well (or not at all) would help I think.

XBMC supports some form of airplay - no idea on what as I don't have iOS devices.

XBMC also supports lyrics in ID3 tagged files at least. The lyrics addon should be obtaining them from XBMC. Perhaps the file types you use haven't been hooked up - place a feature request with an attached file + whatever info you think is needed and someone will no doubt get on to it.

Lastly, you can remap just about anything keymap related. Your universal on an ATV might have some issues with this, and I agree that it's not easy to do so.

Improvements (and even just ideas for them) are always welcome Smile

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

@VonMagnum

If Weather Plus add-on that is not working it should be fixed by it's maintainer and it's not tyhe fault of XBMC itself.

About the Movie/TVSHOW ID tags you can already use NFO files if you find scrapers are not reliable. This already supported in Dharma.
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Nfo...ing_an_URL
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
More testing reveals that the screensaver works fine if I copy the images from my extrafanart folders into the same location. This means one of the following causes this glitch:
1. Screensaver fails when it tries to load some non image file
2. Screensaver fails on some corrupted image somewhere
3. Screensaver does not like the large number of directories
4. Screensaver loads images from cache and not directly and one of these cache files is corrupt.

I did notice that using only one directory dramatically improved the randomness of the images or it could be that the new version does this in general.
jmarshall Wrote:@VonMagnum: you're wrong regarding the slideshow - it simply takes a list of all photos, randomizes it, then plays that randomized list in order. If you're not seeing a particular photo, perhaps that photo couldn't be loaded for some reason?

That's how it works in Dharma, but I got repeats in Eden too fast (e.g. 500 photos in a directory and it would seem to repeat many of them long before showing them all). Maybe something needs reset here on the ATV box (i.e. clean a file out)? If I go back to Dharma, it works fine again.

Quote:No idea what you're talking
bout with ProjectM - if you haven't already done so, please post a bug report (or bump the one you've posted).

Thread mentioning it:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...m+overscan

This one shows a picture for it and mentions it again:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=111076

Here's a ticket for the problem and more discussion about it:

http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/12055

Quote:As for your other issues, yes you need to edit advancedsettings.xml for grey black bars. This is because 99.99% of users don't care about it (yours is the first comment I've seen in a few years).

I'd imagine a lot more users have plasmas than .001%. Maybe they don't care because they don't realize what the long-term effect of having black bars on them can cause (a family member has a CRT projector that has less issues than plasma and years of watching 4:3 with black bars has resulted in lines on either side where it's brighter in the black bar area than the center from it. I don't want to see this happen, but there are times when I'd want to use black bars as grey isn't appealing (i.e. I don't mind grey for tv shows, but I don't like it for movies. I can work around it with the Panasonic's own remote for 4:3 boxes, but not 2.35:1 ones.)

It'd just be nice to have a radio button set it so I can turn it on/off whenever I want to. Is there a simple way to set that up in the configuration somehow?

Quote:
You could try upnp for multi-xbmc box stuff. It's not ideal, I agree, but really we as devs need a push here to improve it - more people jumping up and down about what works well and what doesn't work well (or not at all) would help I think.

I don't like jumping up and down too much. It seems to tick off devs more than help anything. I'm just listing helpful suggestions. I'm not going to push anyone to do anything since it's volunteer work. It's not like I don't appreciate XBMC. I use it a lot for non-Apple files and to keep certain media files separate from the main interface (e.g. good way to lock out pRoN when having younger family members visit). With a few more improvements, I think I could convert my Gen1 boxes over for full 1080p with Linux+decoder card, but without some of the features I listed, I'd lose certain things along the way. Hopefully, a 3rd gen AppleTV box will become available with full 1080p support and it won't even be needed.
THEATER: Epson 3100 3D Projector, DaLite 92" screen, 11.1.6 (Marantz SR7012 + Yamaha HTR-5960 + Onkyo ESPro) - Mixed Dialog Lift  - PSB T45/B15/S50/X1T/CS500 Speakers & Def Tech PF-1500 15" sub ; Sources: PS4, LG UP875 UHD, Nvidia Shield (KODI), ATV4K, Zidoo X9S (ZDMC), LD, GameCube
The thing regarding upnp sharing is that that is the way things will work best for multi-system sharing. It's just that noone really tests it out, so we don't know what works well and what doesn't. It may be that a small number of relatively easy changes will make sharing libraries over upnp do everything that folk are trying to achieve using mysql and dumping thumbnails all over the show and all the other crazy stuff folk do to try and work around these things. Basically it just needs someone to sit down and have a play around and highlight what works and what would be nice to haves. Not really jumping up and down at all Wink

Thanks for the links to the projectm issues - will take a nosy.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

VonMagnum Wrote:I'd imagine a lot more users have plasmas than .001%. Maybe they don't care because they don't realize what the long-term effect of having black bars on them can cause (a family member has a CRT projector that has less issues than plasma and years of watching 4:3 with black bars has resulted in lines on either side where it's brighter in the black bar area than the center from it. I don't want to see this happen, but there are times when I'd want to use black bars as grey isn't appealing (i.e. I don't mind grey for tv shows, but I don't like it for movies. I can work around it with the Panasonic's own remote for 4:3 boxes, but not 2.35:1 ones.)

As a plasma owner I would like to comment on why this option is usually ignored. It could simply be that most of us use 16:9 content and do not use things outside of that content size often enough to matter. I leave my slideshow screensaver running for hours on my display as the constantly changing images keeps the burn in even. Having something like this set when you watch a lot of 4:3 content is easy. Wink
edrikk Wrote:+1
I never understood why people do that (other than laziness).... But if ALL are rar'd then I'm doubly stumped!

Its very easy for re-upload movies i will never unrar them. Do you have ever heard from glftpd or ioftpd ? Oo

There is another big reason for watching directly from rar files ...

If you have a server it would be possible to mount the server and u can watch movies (fast connection required) from there without collect them all at home. Shared user and so on. if you watch on server you will never see mkv or avi files. The files are always RAR FILES.

There are a lot more reasons for this.

So it would be very important for me to be able to set this message off.

englisch "xbmc Needs to unpack a big file Continue"
german "Eine große Datei muss entpackt werden. Fortfahren ?"

Nod

my originally post you can find here POST 58
Question 
m3g4tr0n Wrote:you dont have remove source?

yep, it's gone.

windows, german, beta3
installed beta2 on top... and it's there again Nerd
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice :)
Wanna help translate TMM ?
trezz101 Wrote:I'm having similar issue. Network seems to work fine with existing video folders from network. Problem happens when I try to browse network to add new source. Nothing appears under "Windows Network" when browsing. Also tried manually typing folder destination. Didn't work.

Anybody else having this issue? Going to go back to beta 2 and see if adding new source from network works.

trezz101 did you find a resolution for this? I thought I had done something wrong when I was trying to add a new source from my network and didn't start reading this thread until today.

To add a new source, I can add it as a new network location. I'm running XBMC on Win 7 and found that if I use the netbios name of my iMac where the content libraries are connected rather than the IP address then the metadata is scraped correctly eg. video resolution, audio codec, studio, aspect ration etc
@Heinzel: The problem is your rar's are packed, not stored. This is the silly bit, not the fact that they're in rar's. Stored rar's are fine for movies (or anything else) as they can add an additional layer of protection (crc etc.). Compressed rar's for movies are silly.

I did a fresh install of Eden beta3 on my Windows 7 (32bit) HTPC. The most noticeable improvements for me... Pandora works. TWiT and Tekzilla load and play the latest episodes (I couldn't play the newest vidcasts in Dharma!)

One thing that is new... when I try to jump (FF) in a vidcast, I get this "Cache Full" dialog screen pop-up. Is there a way to adjust the cache size, or at least turn off the pop-up?

Thank you very much for XBMC...
ZERO <ibis>' Wrote:As a plasma owner I would like to comment on why this option is usually ignored. It could simply be that most of us use 16:9 content and do not use things outside of that content size often enough to matter.

I'd say almost 2/3 of my 700+ movies are 2:35:1 (black bars on top/bottom), although admittedly for movies, grey bars aren't very desirable to me. I usually watch these sized movies on my 93" projector setup downstairs, though so maybe it's not a huge deal there. I do, however, have a fairly extensive collection of older 4:3 tv shows from the '80s and '90s I playback through XBMC and I don't care much for stretch modes as they look odd.

Quote: I leave my slideshow screensaver running for hours on my display as the constantly changing images keeps the burn in even. Having something like this set when you watch a lot of 4:3 content is easy. Wink

I'm not sure how running material that fills the screen for hours makes up for the hours running with black on the sides or top/bottom and bright material in the middle. It's simply a question of man-hours at "X" amount of brightness. It seems like you would need to run the opposite to counteract the effect (i.e. have a static image that is black in the center and bright on the sides or top/bottom and it would have to line up precisely or you would get an even sharper line where it meets at some point (although most plasmas slowly move the images around so that point varies a bit anyway).

In other words as an example, my mother's Panasonic 57" CRT HDTV from 1999 that still works perfectly fine has uneven wear on the sides from years of watching a lot of 4:3 programming with black side bars. She could run changing material that fills the entire screen (from a screensaver to just a variety of HDTV programming) 24 hours a day and it won't reverse the effect of using very few electrons over that segment of the screen since you're still wearing the center in as you wear the sides in (net effect is the sides still stay brighter since they have less wear on them). I'd have to rig up an image with white on the sides and black in the center that lines up with the 4:3 cable box bars to get the sides to start getting darker towards matching the center once again and I'd probably have to leave it on the screen for a couple of months at that.

Her set didn't get that way overnight. It took years and she wasn't watching just 4:3 material all that time either. She simply wore the outside edges less by having black bars there so much of the time. I think current plasma sets are more or less considered about equal to CRTs on average (after the initial burn period of 200 hours or so), although I definitely get way more persistent image ghosting than any CRT I've ever owned (reminds me of the old vector monitors for arcade games like Asteroids and what not at times).
THEATER: Epson 3100 3D Projector, DaLite 92" screen, 11.1.6 (Marantz SR7012 + Yamaha HTR-5960 + Onkyo ESPro) - Mixed Dialog Lift  - PSB T45/B15/S50/X1T/CS500 Speakers & Def Tech PF-1500 15" sub ; Sources: PS4, LG UP875 UHD, Nvidia Shield (KODI), ATV4K, Zidoo X9S (ZDMC), LD, GameCube
I am running XBMC beta 3 with shared thumbnails and MySQL database. Beta 2 was working fine. When I installed beta 3, it fails on launch. Eventually I realized it's failing due to an error in upgrading the database. It's creating xbmc_video60 but not creating any tables or copying any data. Just crashes.

I submitted a bug report. Anyone else having similar issues?

This affects both PC and OSX versions.
Please help Karaoke mp3+cdg still out of sync. Already disappointed. :-(
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC 11.0 Eden: Beta3 available now2