XBMCBuntu. Install works, boot = no
Hiya,
Just wanted to try the new B3 release. Boy do i have got a headache now..

Burnt Iso b3 to cdrom, put it in my asrock ion 330ht (which only has a keyboard attached). Unplugged al usb sources, booted form cdrom. Then i get in the installer, (which by the way has WAAAY to small of a font to be readable..) so i get up very close, then i choose install buntu, choose my ssd disk, and it starts installing. I see a nice slideshow, asks me to insert my username-password and so i do that. When it finishes, it fails 1st time on some mount instruction, but hey. 2nd install it hangs on `deconfiguring network interfaces`. It ejects the disk. I reboot the system manually, becuase it seems to dont do that by software. In my bios the ssd is now selected as boot device.

However now the fun starts.. When it boots, all i see is my normal Asrock bios-logo. Then nothing. Just a black screen, nothing. Nothing after 2 minutes of waiting. Nothing after 5 minutes. Ok. Start over. repeat above procedure 3 times, same shizzle. Burn new cdrom repeat again twice. 4 hours have passed. My gf is starting to get annoyed.

Me is starting to give up. Lets post in the xbmc forums for some last help.
OcnewB Wrote:Hiya,
Just wanted to try the new B3 release. Boy do i have got a headache now..

Burnt Iso b3 to cdrom, put it in my asrock ion 330ht (which only has a keyboard attached). Unplugged al usb sources, booted form cdrom. Then i get in the installer, (which by the way has WAAAY to small of a font to be readable..) so i get up very close, then i choose install buntu, choose my ssd disk, and it starts installing. I see a nice slideshow, asks me to insert my username-password and so i do that. When it finishes, it fails 1st time on some mount instruction, but hey. 2nd install it hangs on `deconfiguring network interfaces`. It ejects the disk. I reboot the system manually, becuase it seems to dont do that by software. In my bios the ssd is now selected as boot device.

However now the fun starts.. When it boots, all i see is my normal Asrock bios-logo. Then nothing. Just a black screen, nothing. Nothing after 2 minutes of waiting. Nothing after 5 minutes. Ok. Start over. repeat above procedure 3 times, same shizzle. Burn new cdrom repeat again twice. 4 hours have passed. My gf is starting to get annoyed.

Me is starting to give up. Lets post in the xbmc forums for some last help.

What will happen if you try from USB (Unetbootin)?
erhnam Wrote:What will happen if you try from USB (Unetbootin)?

So.. the solution? It was in the partition manager of the installer. I had to manually delete/format/add the ssd disk, because if i didnt it wouldnt boot eventhough the install went ok. Next issue then came along. It didnt automount my internal 500gb ext4 hdd, or my esata hdd. Had to edit the fstab. Thank god i backed that up.. As far as newb friendlyness? No. The xbmc live installer was imho way better.
I had a similar problem, installation ok but on boot I got stuck on prompt:

error: the symbol `grub_xputs` not found
Rescue_grub

To solve the problem I had to reinstall GRUB, to do that I did as they say in this thread:
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1580752

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMCBuntu. Install works, boot = no0