• 2(current)
[RELEASE] SpeedFan Information Display
(2012-05-22, 22:57)donnieb113 Wrote: Oh man.... infinite face palms on my part, it took me a while to figure out how to change the labels (you click and wait... and if it don't become editable, you click some more and wait), but it's working now!

No worries. It's the thing that is totally non-obvious. I hate that you can't just set this up and have it run, but the naming trick was the only way I could figure out to handle it. And yes, the label editing in SpeedFan is "exciting." Big Grin

I've (finally) got SpeedFan to output the CSV in the right format. Took a while - but managed. However when I've set the location for the log properly in SpeedFanInfo (triple-checked) it still gives me the error "No log file in defined location"

It might be worth mentioning that the SpeedFan folder is a shared folder on a server, so that would be for example:
Code:
smb://username:password@SERVER/SpeedFan/
(2012-08-01, 22:13)RubenK Wrote: I've (finally) got SpeedFan to output the CSV in the right format. Took a while - but managed. However when I've set the location for the log properly in SpeedFanInfo (triple-checked) it still gives me the error "No log file in defined location"

It might be worth mentioning that the SpeedFan folder is a shared folder on a server, so that would be for example:
Code:
smb://username:password@SERVER/SpeedFan/

Unfortunately there is no support for reading log files from a smb share. I looked at a couple of work arounds, but it looks messy at best. You might try mapping a drive letter to the share and then reference it that way.

Unfortunately I have not been able to find info on the Speedfan page on how to edit names of the headers.

I've read this thread 3 times but I really have no idea where to change "core" to "CPU.temp". Should the file speedfansens.cfg be edited?

I assume it has no use editing the .csv file as it will be overwritten by Speedfan anyway?

I'm really sorry for asking these question but I don't know anything about Excel csv formats.

Your help is much appreciated!

(2012-11-02, 21:58)AussieFries Wrote: Unfortunately I have not been able to find info on the Speedfan page on how to edit names of the headers.

I've read this thread 3 times but I really have no idea where to change "core" to "CPU.temp". Should the file speedfansens.cfg be edited?

You don't need to edit any of the cfg files. Speedfan is kind of flakey when it comes to changing header names. You have to double click on the name you want to change from within the SpeedFan list, but sometimes if you click too fast it doesn't let you change it. I've also had success sometimes right clicking on the name I want to change.
Could you please advise where I can find this Speedfan list?

I've tried double clicking (slow and fast) all items which are named "core" in the SpeedFan application but it doesn't let me change its name. I've searched in the main screen as well as under Configure.

I'm using SpeedFan v4.47 btw.

Many thanks for your help
Sorry, I just moved to Hawaii and my windows machine is still on the mainland with my wife, so I can't check. You might check the speed fan site for instructions or support on this.
I see what you mean by double clicking the label. It works now :-)

I'm sorry for having troubled you with this!

Mahalo!
Click at the item and then press F2. Then u can change the name easily

You may also have a problem with german "Umlaute" such as Ä Ö Ü (i don't know if u can see them correctly)

In german "Fan" means "Lüfter". That was my problem :-D
I did a quick check of Speedfan Info Display on Frodo beta 1. The display is not quite working right. I don't know if the cause is Frodo or the fact that I'm testing on Mac OSX (my windows machine is still on the mainland and I'm in Hawaii now), but the temperatures are all coming back with only the first digit showing. I've fixed it here on my test machine, so I'll request an update of the repo this weekend so everyone has the update before too many people start using Frodo.
I'm running Frodo RC1 and I haven't experienced any issues so far.

Could you please make the screen a bit smaller or transparent?
I can certainly look into making the background transparent, but I'm not sure I see the value in that. With the black background all the text is readable no matter what skin or background you have.
My family members are complaining when I bring up the SpeedFan Information Display while they are watching sth :-)

I thought it may look less intrusive if the info was more like the XBMC debug info.
OK, that does make some sense. I'll look at creating an option to have some kind of compact display. Or you could just stop obsessing over the fan and temperature information when you family is trying to watch stuff. Smile
OK I have a test version of the addon that has an option for a compact display. It shows up on the right hand side of the screen, and you have an option in the settings to set the transparency level. The test version only has the updated English language strings. Once Transflex gets all the languages updated and I get some confirmation that this works OK, I'll do a pull request for the repo. If you're using another language you'll have two blank entries in the settings. The first check box enables and disables the compact display. The second lets you set the transparency level.

There are versions for Eden and Frodo. I'm not running Eden anymore, so it would be great if someone with Eden could test this. I will probably only release the Eden version if someone tests it, and this may be the last release for Eden (except bug fixes).

Frodo: https://github.com/pkscout/script.speedf...master.zip
Eden: https://github.com/pkscout/script.speedf...e/Eden.zip
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] SpeedFan Information Display0