[Video] Artificially insert adverts into 'TV Show' playback.
Hi guys,

This is going to sound a bit crazy I think, or maybe someone has already thought of this, but bare with me....I really miss adverts. It's not the adverts themselves, but the pre-determind break between shows.

I've moved my system entirely to a downloaded/streamed libiary, and I really miss the pre-determind timeslot (say, for 3-5 minutes on every at every time the minute hand goes to 00, 20, 40 on the clock). I don't really care what it shows, any random 30-1m long youtube clip would do... I don't even care if someone is making money off it.

The idea behind this is because during this time, I'll go make a cup of tea, check my messages on forums, go bathroom... whatever. And because I have this pre-set time to do other things. I know I can always pause the show, but that's not the point. I believe I'll be able to concentrate more on the show in hand, or not (for example) go on a message board and end up having to try and remember what part of the show I was at when I got disracted.

Does anyone else feel the same way? It would also have the benfit of maybe choosing a catagory of 'advert', such as movie trailers, TV trailers or whatever hobbies I've got.... so I can keep up to date with the latest stuff I'm interested in.
I like the idea. I don't think you're the first to have it here, but it just doesnt seem to be picked up by any dev Sad
The World and his dog have devoted countless man-hours to eradicating adverts, and you want a plugin to reinsert them in material which is ad-freeHuh?

Takes all sorts, I suppose!

Quote:It would also have the benfit of maybe choosing a catagory of 'advert', such as movie trailers, TV trailers or whatever hobbies I've got.... so I can keep up to date with the latest stuff I'm interested in.

How you going to do that while you are making tea, attending to bodily functions, etc.

Have you really thought this out!!!
To be fair PsuedoTV already does this to a degree and many people following PsuedoTV plugin have been very interested in it. It really is a nice feature.
I would be happy to put in a new movie trailer but adverts? why in gods name would you want adverts! just pause the video and go take a piss if you have to!
krish_2k4 Wrote:just pause the video and go take a piss if you have to!
lol - your idea has merit.
In PsuedoTV I use the advert and channel bumpers to give it a more real live tv feel. Especially good I find when the kids are watching a couple of hours of kids tv. My Nick Jr. channel in PsuedoTV is a completely convincing real Nick Jr. even though I don't have subscription tv anymore. The ids seem none the wiser since I swapped them over.
I already pay for my Internet connection, they don't need to get any more of our revenue with annoying ads.
I DON'T DO CABLE.
It's more of the idea of adverts than the adverts themselves, they could be any random video (or from a playlist, catagorys of videos, anything like that). It's not the 'advert' that I'm interested in, but the pre-defined specific 3-5 minuite break at a set interval.

It's a silly idea at first, but I think it'll work. I'm a web dev who hasn't looked into coding for XBMC at the moment, I might experment making something that simply pauses and pops up a message to see if the phsycology behind it works.

For example... I posted this an hour ago or soo, if I had this specific time, I probably would have refreshed the page soon and replied to you. How it currently is, I'm missing the show that is currently playing, and the reply hasn't been as quick..... That's just an example, but this could be an email, or getting a drink, going for a piss, quick phone call (etc).
Cool, I'll take a peek at this PsuedoTV plug-in.
castalla Wrote:The World and his dog have devoted countless man-hours to eradicating adverts, and you want a plugin to reinsert them in material which is ad-freeHuh?

Takes all sorts, I suppose!

How you going to do that while you are making tea, attending to bodily functions, etc.

Have you really thought this out!!!

The thing is, it'll be "background telly", something where I'm not focusing my attention on.
Not sure the point of this thread... shouldn't it be in the development section??

Also if you want this for PTV it's already possible to have commercials between shows... all you have to do is setup a channel for commercials and have it interval between other channels...
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
what would be a really good idea is if you have the old looney toon cartoons which are 5-10mins long in between shows!

I remember they used to do this in the UK in the afternoon and mornings in between kids shows. remember waiting next to the VCR for them to come on so i could record them! kids these days got it way too easy!
Or resurrect the old BBC test card, or a video of paint drying?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Video] Artificially insert adverts into 'TV Show' playback.0