How to remove the "Buffering" info panel while switching channel
Hi

I would like to get rid of the "buffering %" info, when switching channels in pvr mode. As for example on confluence it is being shown in the upper right corner. I hope anybody can give me a hint how to get rid of it before or after the compilation. Thanks in advance!
There is no configuration option to do this. You need to modify the skin yourself, I managed to do it for my own skin (reFocus) without too much trouble.

Personally I'd like to see this added as a configuration option as I find the buffering dialog quite annoying when changing channels. And more importantly I found it changes my perception of the channel change time, making it seem longer than it really is.

There have been some discussion about this in some of my threads. But I haven't pushed the issue too much as yet as I was only really playing with the PVR functionality at the moment and I think the dev's are busy getting the fundamentals done.
your reply is correct, if you change "devs" into "dev" ;-)
if you find the dialog annoying, edit the skin, or, if you know how to code, add a little delay to it, so it only pops up after it's been buffering for a few secs.
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]
personal website: [link]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

If you like my work, please consider donating to me and/or Team XBMC.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to remove the "Buffering" info panel while switching channel0