HP MCE remote
I have searched everywhere I can and cannot find anything that helps get my HP MCE remote working. I have a Harmony remote that I have setup as a Microsoft MCE Keyboard Media Center PC and it does nothing with the Harmony or with the original remote that came with the unit. This works fine with Windows. It seems that every thread I see says to install the lirc source which will not install, I get " Package 'lirc-modules-source' has no installation candidate" so I cannot get past that stage. The lsusb output is "Bus 003 Device 002: ID 045e:006d Microsoft Corp. eHome Remote Control Keyboard keys"

Could someone point to a tutorial will guide me through the process of getting this to work? It seems I am the only person in the known universe that cannot get this HP remote to work out of the box. I very much would like to get off of Windows 7 on my HTPC systems. Thanks.
Anyone able to help me get past this? Here is the remote that I have:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HP_MCE_Remote
Help please.
Im having the exact same problem if someone can help

Thanks
What happens if you program it as MCE only? I'm not home right now, so can't check, but I think I set my Harmony to MCE and at any rate it worked right off with XBMC Live, except for the command MENU, which was nowhere to be found (in the Harmony software).

The latter was solved when adding the device as MCE-xxx, where "xxx" was some version number which I definitely cannot remember right now.

Worth trying at least.
HTPC: LibreELEC 7 on Shuttle XS35GTv2 & Raspberry Pi 3
NAS: NAS4Free 2x 3TB Raid1
if you are running xbmc on top of lets say ubuntu install and set up lirc (select Microsoft Remote and then usb for the receiver) I am currently running xbmcbuntu and got the remote working by turning on remote control sends keyboard presses.

If you are installing lirc and mess up on the settings you can run the setup again with
sudo dpkg-reconfigure lirc from the terminal
Proper Usage of a debug log
If I managed to help you in any way, please add to my reputation
Alright, am home now.

I set my Harmony to "MicrosoftMCE-1039" after which all buttons, including Menu, worked without any kind of further settings on the Live install.

Right, I have a HP OVU4003/00 receiver.
HTPC: LibreELEC 7 on Shuttle XS35GTv2 & Raspberry Pi 3
NAS: NAS4Free 2x 3TB Raid1
Hudson_Hawk04 Wrote:if you are running xbmc on top of lets say ubuntu install and set up lirc (select Microsoft Remote and then usb for the receiver) I am currently running xbmcbuntu and got the remote working by turning on remote control sends keyboard presses.

If you are installing lirc and mess up on the settings you can run the setup again with
sudo dpkg-reconfigure lirc from the terminal

When I install lirc and the configuration program runs, there is no choice for Microsoft Remote, there is no Microsoft anything.
You guys fail to mention which version of xbmc/Ubuntu you have installed. The way remotes are handled has changed in recent kernels so the guides you are following could be obsolete and lirc totally unnecessary. This guide helped me get my harmony remote and HP receiver working perfectly:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=104541

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HP MCE remote0