XBMCBuntu can't connect to file share?
So, I finally set up XBMC on my old PC. Everything worked fine, untill I had to connect to my desktop, where i store all my movies. No matter what I try, it just can't connect. Any help?
We would need a little more information. What OS is your desktop running, how are you trying to connect, are the directories shared, how are they shared, are your permissions set correctly, what is erroring out when you try to connect, do you have working network capability on both boxes, etc.
pumkinut Wrote:We would need a little more information. What OS is your desktop running, how are you trying to connect, are the directories shared, how are they shared, are your permissions set correctly, what is erroring out when you try to connect, do you have working network capability on both boxes, etc.

It is running Windows 7 Home Premium 64Bit. I am trying to add it as a Samba-share. They are shared, using the build-in sharing in Windows. Permissions are as they should be. It simply gives me an error about the share not existing, and yes, I have fully working network on both machines. And I can connect to it via uPNP, but then I can't get it to save info about my tv-series and movies..
Question 
Hi guys,
The behavior in my new xbmcbuntu is quite similar:

Processor g530 Intel celeron
Mb asrock lga1155 microatx with hdmi port embedded
4gb ramddr3

Xbmcbuntu installed fron USB key

All Movie Are played very very well...... But my repository is inside a remote "freenas" machine
In the past i'm using the old Xbox everythink goes without any sharing problem (using samba).

Now in order to playback the mkv 1080p i've built a new x86 based machine....and Now there is no possibility to Find my nas because the network seems not connected (the eth0 is not managed?)

Please help me to' Find a solution....thanks a lot in advance.

E
(2012-02-13, 20:59)thehamster Wrote:
pumkinut Wrote:We would need a little more information. What OS is your desktop running, how are you trying to connect, are the directories shared, how are they shared, are your permissions set correctly, what is erroring out when you try to connect, do you have working network capability on both boxes, etc.

It is running Windows 7 Home Premium 64Bit. I am trying to add it as a Samba-share. They are shared, using the build-in sharing in Windows. Permissions are as they should be. It simply gives me an error about the share not existing, and yes, I have fully working network on both machines. And I can connect to it via uPNP, but then I can't get it to save info about my tv-series and movies..
Are you trying to connect via hostname or IP address?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMCBuntu can't connect to file share?0