• 6(current)
Slingbox on XBMC - Here's How
The HD support is now available. I was able to get it working with kmttg http://sourceforge.net/p/kmttg/wiki/slingbox_capture/

I found out that the new adminname is "admin" and it uses port 5201

Slingfront requires windows OS but I was hoping to use it with OpenElec with Kodi.
Is there a Slingplayer addon for XBMC ?

If so, where can download and install ?

Thanks
I read up a little on slingbox integration when I first moved to xbmc, I thought it might be an easy way to bring live tv in. Singular support seemed to start and finish
(2015-01-19, 03:02)karl10247 Wrote: Unfortunately i think there isnt much interest in the whole slingbox+kodi system, shame really as slingfront is a only a crude workaround and i'd really like to see a decent plugin or at the very least some detailed instructions on how to use it as a source

Confused
This is disappointing as i think using Slingbox to provide an IP address allowing a user to transmit content would be beneficial for many Kodi users. Imagine having your mates overseas who wanted to catch up on local TV or Local sport being able to use Kodi with Slingplayer to view said content. This would be great.
I watch the Slingbox via KODI (on my PC).
but not all the Keyboard commands works.
such as back command.
How can I control it with my Keyboard?
hey Udi Rofe can you please explain how you got it working in Kodi? It is a holy grail quest doing my head in.
(2016-04-21, 12:25)supaflygy Wrote: hey Udi Rofe can you please explain how you got it working in Kodi? It is a holy grail quest doing my head in.

I installed Slingfront and went to KODI and installed the addon SlingClient from VideoAddons.

Not sure if one has anything to do with the next though.

Be warned that while the picture quality is great, my audio has issues and constantly freezes
Hi every one,

Just got this thread, but not yet got the definite answer, https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewt...49#p961449

Am looking forward to installing it on my RasPi Kodi, it would make my Pi a complete Media Centre.

Bets wishes

Siamak
(2016-04-21, 12:25)supaflygy Wrote: hey Udi Rofe can you please explain how you got it working in Kodi? It is a holy grail quest doing my head in.

Slingfront installs an "äddon" in your programs addon folder which should launch slingfront fine. If it doesnt, uninstall slingfront and try again. You may have installed Kodi after slingfront in which case the addon would not be installed
(2016-05-06, 14:47)Siafix Wrote: Hi every one,

Just got this thread, but not yet got the definite answer, https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewt...49#p961449

Am looking forward to installing it on my RasPi Kodi, it would make my Pi a complete Media Centre.

Bets wishes

Siamak

I have looked at your problem and there are a few solutions (that i've found) to watching slingbox while travelling.

-WDTV - has sling client installed, no need for iphone/ipad
-Fire TV box or stick - has sling client installed, no need for iphone/ipad
-Are you using your HTPC to receive TV? If so are you using mediaportal as your TV server? If so you can use the MPiV app on ipad to control it and stream videos/tv/music BETTER than the crappy slingbox app (this is what i do)

For portability and ease of use (particularly for elderly parents) the fire TV stick is probably your best bet and with some toying around you can install kodi on it
Thanks for the answer,

First of all I don't have iPad and not planing to buy one, I use my RasPi as a media centre and use FilmOn TV to watch when I am traveling, and use my laptop to get Sling box when FilmOn is not working or I want to record an interesting program that I know I cannot watch while abroad, so If I can get an ADDON for Sling box on my RasPi KODI the problem would be solved all together, so far I have managed with what I got the ADDON is a perfection to my system.

The Gentleman who did it for his Pi never came back to us to say how he did it.

Cheers

Siamak
So, i understand that at this poit no solution to SlingPlay with OpenELEC ?
the KODI sling client (fire tv stick) is not working, at least here. it says to check log but where can I find it? is it working for anyone??
Hello Again,

I just noticed that Flash Player is no longer the Video player's Favorite on Youtube or any other players and HTML5 is taking over which is an Open Source.

Would it mean that finally we will have the opportunity to have a nice App or AddOn to play SlingBox through RasPi?

At least I hope so, I already managed to install UBUNTU, I think is "Mate" on my RasPi 3, will try to see if I can install HTML5 AddOn on my FireFox to see how it behaves.

Will inform later.

Cheers

Siamak
I can’t find Sling TV app in Kodi repository. I’m running Kodi 17.3. Of this needs to be updated can you give those directions to save Addons? I’m New and have spent lots of hours the past 48 hours in this.
Thanks!
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Slingbox on XBMC - Here's How2