Channel Logos
Hi Guys

First off thanks for all the work on the PVR side of xbmc. I am currently using MediaPortal back end with a Dual DVB-S2 and a Dual DVB-T tuner and everything is working well enough to religate the BT vision box up to the bedroom Big Grin Anyway down to business lol

Having installed and messed around with xbmc-pvr multiple times and on multiple systems I have found one main bug bear for me is assigning channel logos to each channel. As you know this is done through the channel manager by selecting the channel, selecting "channel icon" then have to navigate to the folder in question to select an icon.

This is a very long process especially when you have over 150 tv and radio icons to allocate! lol ( but it must be done because it looks nice and we all like eye candy)

Is there a way to
A: back this up once done so it can be exported to another system (I have 5 running in my house in one form or another)

B: Or better still would it be possible to have a user defined setting where a user can select where there folder of tv logos is located and the have xbmc automatically look in that folder for icons with file names that match the name of the channel? ie folder contains icons: bbc1.png, itv hd.png etc?

What do you think? or is there already an easier way to handle this and i have just not found it yet lol.

Mark
I'm sure there's a thread somewhere on here that says it's automated if the logo files are named exactly the same as the channel (as you've mentioned in B).

Pretty sure I tried it and it worked. I decided I couldn't be bothered with the logos, but that's just me.

Also, make sure your logos are fairly small (or not too big) or the things get very sluggish.
MrMaDavisUK Wrote:Hi Guys

B: Or better still would it be possible to have a user defined setting where a user can select where there folder of tv logos is located and the have xbmc automatically look in that folder for icons with file names that match the name of the channel? ie folder contains icons: bbc1.png, itv hd.png etc?

Mark

you simply didn't find it Big Grin yes, there is an option for a channel logos directory and yes it's done automatically .. atm I don't remeber where but I used it Nod
HTPC Specs: Silverstone GD05B Case, ASUS P8H61-M LE/USB3, i5-3470S, GT1030, 8 GB RAM , 2 TB HDD, iHOS104 BluRay Drive, TT DVBS2-1600, Sony PS3 BD Remote control
PS3 BD Remote Control Daemon for Kodi/Linux
UNCHAINED Demo Group
When you are using my latest beta 3 Windows build and have the TV Server and XBMC on the same machine, the addon will even try to use the channel icons from your MediaPortal installation. Iit searches for "Channelname.png" files in the MediaPortal TV/Radio Thumbs folder.
The MPEI installer from MediaPortal contains several prebuild channel icon packages which you can install to get channel icons in MediaPortal.
Developer of the MediaPortal PVR addon and retired developer of the Argus-TV PVR-addon.
http://www.scintilla.utwente.nl/~marcelg/xbmc
Sorry For the late response guys but I was away. I found it now. I couldn't see it for looking! lol

For anybody else using the search button. The default logo location can be set on the "Menu/OSD" section of TV settings.

Cheers for your help Smile

Mark

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Channel Logos0