• 6(current)
[RELEASE] Nasa Videos, TV and Vodcasts plugin
Is there a new version coming out with bugfixes because of the problem with livestream? I've the same problem. Could fix it like hoodles said, but he also said, he doesn't know how long this will work.
So again, is there a complete fix for this problem?
(2015-07-14, 13:52)Pat89 Wrote: Is there a new version coming out with bugfixes because of the problem with livestream? I've the same problem. Could fix it like hoodles said, but he also said, he doesn't know how long this will work.
So again, is there a complete fix for this problem?

The .m3u8 file that learningit provided probably won't be going anywhere for a while. Also, that edit I posted is pretty much all an update from the author would consist of. If there's any interest I can try and find newer links to the other streams, but I only watch NASA Main.
(2015-07-15, 04:44)hoodles Wrote: The .m3u8 file that learningit provided probably won't be going anywhere for a while. Also, that edit I posted is pretty much all an update from the author would consist of. If there's any interest I can try and find newer links to the other streams, but I only watch NASA Main.

I, for one, would be interested in the other streams.
There is an open pull request at github.

In the meantime I hope this will do, all live streams are working + added ISS HD Earth viewing stream:

Nasa video plugin with fixed live streams here Smile

edit: the link above is changed to the latest version in the official repository.
Thank you, plutonaut. I can watch NASA 'till the cravings stop now.
Wink 
YOU FRIGGIN ROCK!!!! This has just made my day thank you for fixing this.

LaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaugh
Thanks hoodles and thanks plutonaut! Smile
I made a IPTV list with all NASA channels, you can use it on KODI with PVR IPTV SIMPLE CLIENT or Playlist Loader Add-on.

Link - http://goo.gl/NKJJl8

*** If any channel are offline please tell me ***
The latest Nasa plugin v 2.0.3 is in the official repository now, fully functional streams and all Smile
Thanks plutonaut. Works great.
Question 
I've occasionally been using the NASA ISS feed as a peaceful background image on my Kodi devices.

However, I've found that (differing from some other video add-ons I've been using), this one is quite prone to stopping video playback and quietly dropping back to the main menu of Kodi. It usually doesn't last through a complete orbit, but it's long enough that just waiting for it to happen is a bit difficult. If I immediately restart the feed after it stops, I will most of the time get the "temporary loss of signal" placard, so I suspect small signal interruptions will cause this.

The ISS feed of course is often offline for parts of the orbit, and signal drop-outs seem to happen quite freqeuently. Are there different methods for handling signal loss in Kodi, so that one could change the add-on to be less sensitive to this?

In any case, thanks for the awesome add-on!
Cool!Wink
Thanks everybody for your efforts.

@RuiMoreira
Thank you for your IPTV list.
Could you possibly add this please: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/live-iss-stream
Those are live feeds from operational cameras on the ISS, sometimes we can see the astros inside. We can also hear their comms with Houston. Lower resolution (480p) but worth watching nonetheless.
I tried to do it myself, to no avail. Using the main link won't work, I tried with URLHelper (the one that "sniffs" things behind the links), it brings different flash video (.flv) links, unfortunately they only work for 1 minute or something.
The same happens with this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdmHHpAsMVw , which is the only Nasa TV video in 1080 resolution that I know of. If I put the link in Vlc, it only displays the first frame, then it freezes. I made a
m3u of it, put it in the box, tried to play it, it says "buffering 1%" and then freezes.
Do you happen to know some workaround?
Thanks in advance.
Hey mate, firstly thanks for building the nasa plugin. I use it the most out of all kodi plugins. much appreciated.

1 thing, in the last few weeks, ive been unable to watch live videos streaming via kodi. the videos work via browser on nasa.gov, just not in kodi .

The video is the live hd ones. i'm on Microsoft 10, latest version updated, as is kodi.

I checked logs for errors, I couldnt' see any other then I turned kodi on! sorry, not sure if that's enough info.

B
(2017-04-19, 12:15)bennyfj Wrote: 1 thing, in the last few weeks, ive been unable to watch live videos streaming via kodi.
The upstream project received a pull request with updated URLs:
https://github.com/dersphere/plugin.video.nasa/pull/16
Kodi 19.5-Matrix/OpenGLES/gbm (+ PR19558 ) - Linux kernel 5.14.21 x86_64 - ffmpeg 4.4-git (+ patch )
Mesa 22.3.7 with iris driver - VA-API version 1.16.0 + Intel iHD driver version 22.6.3 - libdrm 2.4.116 - libcec 6.0.2
Intel i9-11900T - ASRock Z590 Extreme - BIOS version 2.20
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Nasa Videos, TV and Vodcasts plugin1