• 1(current)
[RELEASE] Nasa Videos, TV and Vodcasts plugin
Thumbs Up 
Hi,

I created a video plugin to provide access to all available NASA video content.
- It gives you access to all NASA videos (currently >1800 videos) sorted in 10 categories + search + all-videos category.
- You also have access to all NASA-TV live channels (the plugin shows only currently online channels) - including "Nasa-TV HD" and "Live ISS stream".
- Last but not least you can browse through all NASA vodcasts (video podcasts) which are 8 currently.

All content (including the stream rtmp-parameters) is dynamically scraped and therefore should always be up to date.

The Addon is now present in the official xbmc.org addon repository (dharma and ende).

If you are interested in the source: https://github.com/dersphere/plugin.video.nasa

As always: Please provide feedback - even if it is just "it works!".

If you have bug-reports, ideas, comments or feature requests: feel free to reply here, on github or via pm/mail.

regards,
sphere
My GitHub. My Add-ons:
Works a treat, love the ISS feeds..Thanks!
I updated the first post:
The addon is now in the official addon repository.

regards,
sphere
My GitHub. My Add-ons:
Awesome. Cheers.
Thanks very much for this plugin!

I was just searching for a way to watch the Mars landing coverage.

I can watch the JSC live stream fine, but the public NASA TV stream doesn't appear to work anymore.
Also would it be possible to add the JPL streams to the plugin?

Cheers!
(2012-08-04, 08:36)Sludge321 Wrote: I can watch the JSC live stream fine, but the public NASA TV stream doesn't appear to work anymore.
Also would it be possible to add the JPL streams to the plugin?
I will have a look tomorrow
My GitHub. My Add-ons:
I fixed all live streams and requested the pull into the official repo - I guess the update to version 1.0.2 will be available soon.
My GitHub. My Add-ons:
Thanks very much!

Do you have a PayPal account so I can buy you a beer? Smile
Many thanks for the plugin - it's excellent. However, for the last few days I can't seem to watch the main public stream (nor others). Could the URL have changed? Or could it be a codec related problem. I've had this problem on both my Raspberry Pi and Windows installations. Many thanks.
Hi

Thanks. Regarding your problem: I guess changes in the ustream sites. I will have a look later.

Regards,
sphere
My GitHub. My Add-ons:
It looks like the problem is resolved now, as it is working again. Perhaps the stream was down temporarily. Thanks again for the plugin!
Wonderful plugin!!! Thanks a lot for it.

Have to inform, that now connecting to "NASA Public channel" stream are impossible.
In the same time all other streams working well. Will you, please, fix that!

Thanks in advance.
Hi all.

Ihope this forum section is still active as I see last post was some months ago.

I have a problem with the Nasa Add-on , but only on the Raspberry PI.

I cannot see the live stream from the ISS . It works fine on my netbook but not on the PI.
I only get a blank screen but audio is fine.
I am guessing this is a codec problem . I have purchased the MPG2 codec to view my home video's .

Can anyone tell me if I would need the VC-1 codec to resolve the ISS video stream ?

If this isn't the case .... any idea's on why I cannot see the stream ?

Thanks in advance ... Ken
Hi,

yes, this thread is still active - but I think less problems means less replies Wink

Regarding your problem, sorry, I can't help you with that because playback isn't handled by the plugin but XBMC core.
The streams are rtmp streams.

regards,
sphere
My GitHub. My Add-ons:
(2013-02-22, 15:43)sphere Wrote: Hi,

yes, this thread is still active - but I think less problems means less replies Wink

Regarding your problem, sorry, I can't help you with that because playback isn't handled by the plugin but XBMC core.
The streams are rtmp streams.

regards,
sphere

Doesn't the rtmp stream call a "player" as I have seen before in rtmpdump ?
So that when you create an .xml file for the stream , the type of player is in the text.
Or , do I have that wrong ?
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Nasa Videos, TV and Vodcasts plugin1