Need to find a solution for logos with special chars in channel names
It would be fine if xbmc pvr, concerning the channel logo filenames, would substitue special chars like a "/" in channel names with something like a "default" char, for example "_" to be able to fine a valid logo file.

I germany we have more then one channel with a name containing a "/", like :
NICK/COMEDY

The channel logo filename which xbmc will search for based on my example would be:
[path-to-logos]/NICK/COMEDY.png
-> i think everyone understands that "/" is not an allowed char for filenames...

With my proposal xbmc would look for:
[path-to-logos]/NICK_COMEDY.png

What do you think about this?
Same problem here.
Assigning it manually is a workaround for now (well at least i have only the nick/cc problem Big Grin)
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Memphiz Wrote:Assigning it manually is a workaround for now (well at least i have only the nick/cc problem Big Grin)

Did you already plan to fix this?
... i mean it is really so easy to fix ...
Is this still the case with Frodo B2?

I'm happy to assign manually.. but just wondered if it had been addressed and I'd missed it Smile
If channel name is Viasat Nature/Crime for example then make a dir called "Viasat Nature" and then place the logo named Crime.png there and it should work.
That's because Viasat Nature before / will be threated as a path and Crime.png after that is what it will look for.

Intel Core i5 2320 8GB 500GB HDD - Tvheadend + Kodi, Raspberry Pi 3 - LibreELEC, HDHomeRun HDHR3-4DC, Epson TW3200, Pioneer VSX-1123
It is also possible to set the channel logo's via the backend. I use TVheadend and I can set a URL to any logo via the web interface, works like a charm.
Thanks guys, unfortunately neither of those apply.
Mediaportal doesn't support backend assignment of logos Sad
And some of the channels in question are like 5* (Ie. 5 Star) - under some other programs I can simply name the channel logo with an underscore which is treated as a 'wildcard' for any special character, so 5_.jpg would automatically be matched to the channel 5*
I think this should fix it - but it's totally untested:
https://github.com/da-anda/xbmc/commit/d...3ce8724752

Anybody able to test these changes? I'm not having channels with invalid characters.
#include "utils/Util.h" in PVRChannelGroup.cpp should be

#include "Util.h"

Intel Core i5 2320 8GB 500GB HDD - Tvheadend + Kodi, Raspberry Pi 3 - LibreELEC, HDHomeRun HDHR3-4DC, Epson TW3200, Pioneer VSX-1123
just figured myself. fixed in https://github.com/da-anda/xbmc/commit/d...3ce8724752
Thanks for the fix da-anda - I can't test straight away, since I'll have to get my main PC back up and running so I can compile.

Does the fix just remove illegal characters or does it replace with a 'safe' character? - I only ask because my example of '5*' there is also a channel called '5' so it could cause confusion if it just strips the illegal chars.
yes, they are replaced by an underscore. I just filed a pull request PR1891
Great thank you so much Big Grin
fix has been merged in and will be in beta3
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]
personal website: [link]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

If you like my work, please consider donating to me and/or Team XBMC.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Need to find a solution for logos with special chars in channel names0