[XBMCbuntu] display flicker when resume from suspend (S3/STR)
Starting with the XBMCFreak Eden beta builds and continuing with XBMCbutu beta 3, when I resume from suspend (S3/STR), the display will flicker around 30Hz or so (output res is 1080p/60). System is an older core2-based system with a Nvidia 9400 onboard video. Googling yields others who have had similar issues with various Ubunutu releases, but no resolution. System was working fine with older XBMCLive 10.1 release. No info of interest in debug logs or system logs
Does restarting x solve the problem?
teeedubb Wrote:Does restarting x solve the problem?

what would be the easiest way to test that?

restarting the PC or putting it into hibernate rather than suspend fixes it.
On my system i use 'sudo killall xinit' from the terminal. I sometimes get blue video corruption when I resume from suspend and restarting x fixes it for me.
bump, anyone else having this issue?
restarting xbmc and X (via service lightdm stop/start/restart) does not fix the issue, so far only hibernating or restarting does.
bump. Tried initiating pm-suspend with the various quirks flags, no change. Tried updating to the latest nvidia driver, but then XBMC fails to load (yes, I have the kernel sources installed)
after more research, is seems there are a lot of Ubuntu/Nvidia issues that affect a small subset of the 9300/9400 and a few other chipsets (which of course my motherboard has), insomuch as the latest drivers (295.20) won't even load properly. I dropped in a PCI-E Geforce 210 card, and now resume from suspend works correctly. Annoying, but at least it was a relatively inexpensive fix ($25)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[XBMCbuntu] display flicker when resume from suspend (S3/STR)0