Font usage
common-font18.xpr has been removed from pmiii , which a few scripts use.

is there a way for a script to determine which fonts are available or should i be doing something else instead of just using, e.g. 'font18'. ?

any help appreciated.
i think you have to use getskindir to find the skin and then parse fonts.xml ...

the problem is that there can be more than one fonts.xml per skin (one for each resolution).
yes, tricky indeed.

not sure why font18 was removed(?), but it would be simpler if it was part of the default bundle again as font14 isnt big enough for some uses.

another solution would be a font request function built into the xbmc maybe ? ie. isfont('font18') but i dont have the skills to implement such a low level thing.
more interesting will be to use a font using its file name. that way, we could set the fonts we need where we want and use them inside our scripts
whats the best way of getting font18 reinstated ?
i just overwrote the q:\skin\pmiii\media\fonts  with the contents from q:\skin\pmi\media\fonts

and it worked (i didn't change the fonts.xml)

i find that the pmi font is much more readable than the pmiii on normal tvs.

this is how i think it should be:
* flexible in a way so that you can use fonts that are not a part of the skin.
* to me it seems more natural if there was a central fonts storage instead of one for each skin.
yes that is a workaround, but doesnt seem friendly for a script to require a user to have to copy files around.

maybe checking if the font file existed (ie 'xbmc/skin/project mayhem iii/fonts/common-font18.xpr') before using a font name?

but, how would u know which skin was in use ?

i agree about the central font resource.
Quote:doesnt seem friendly for a script to require a user to have to copy files around
i'm not so agree... i released my last version of mycalendar with a setup.py script.
this setup.py launched, install needed libraries inside the python lib dir, and set some other things (can create needed directory and so on...)

so if we could use fonts with their filenames inside scripts, no worries where to put those files...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Font usage0