appletv2 smb username and password (stumped)
I use windows XBMC on my and laptop and my desktop both windows 7.
I play movies and music from both computers through xbmc via my drives i have allocated on my network...everything works good

Now I bought a Appletv2 running 4.4.4 jailbroke with Seas0nPass xbmc installed,the end result would be just to use the appletv and delete xbmc on both computers

But if i open a directory on my appletv2 via xbmc, xbmc asked for a smb username and password so I cannot access my network drives where my movies and music are located I again do not have this problem as it does not ask for a username and password on my windows xbmc accessing the same drives

anyone got any suggestions?
solution - put in the username and password of your useraccount of your windows user?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Memphiz Wrote:solution - put in the username and password of your useraccount of your windows user?

Too simple.
Use Linux. Problem solved Smile
It is kind of sad that windows boxes tend to have the most problems using smb these days.
had the same problem, i created a guest account on windows and logged in with that.
knightflt Wrote:<<SNIP>>
But if i open a directory on my appletv2 via xbmc, xbmc asked for a smb username and password so I cannot access my network drives where my movies and music are located I again do not have this problem as it does not ask for a username and password on my windows xbmc accessing the same drives

anyone got any suggestions?

I also found it strange that my windows and mac XBMC would just go fetch the files off my nas but my ATV2 wanted a username and a password.

If you add a new smb sources source the dialog box that appears has a space for a username and password (even if it is anonymous/whatever it will work or at least it did with me)
dc361 Wrote:I also found it strange that my windows and mac XBMC would just go fetch the files off my nas but my ATV2 wanted a username and a password.

If you add a new smb sources source the dialog box that appears has a space for a username and password (even if it is anonymous/whatever it will work or at least it did with me)

Not if you have guest access configured.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
appletv2 smb username and password (stumped)0