Video_ts in BETA3
Hi everybody
I can't seem to find a way to help me in this with search engine.
There seem to be a lot of people with this issue in older versions of XBMC but I can't seem to find a solution.
I have some DVD rips in a VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS format but they don't work fine...
I can play 720p without stuttering but these SD DVD rips stutter constantly.
There are menu parts in them so I don't want to use Handbreak to convert them because I want to keep the menus...
Is there a solution?
Thsnks
Mpeg2 is decoded in software. Deinterlacing is very intensive.

Turn off deinterlacing and run wired and you might have a chance.

Read the FAQ section about performance
Oh really...damn...No chance in going wired...
Can I convert to iso with a programm?
You will have the same problems with isos. You can either turn off deinterlacing or deinterlace the video when reencoding it to something like h264 mkv. Even h264 videos that are interlaced will cause problems.

It is possible to play them if you run wired with the fastest lightest network protocol so that maximum resources are available for decoding but it tends to be hit and miss - especially if you go to 4.4.4
ok so my technical question??!! what is deinterlacing? why can i playback a 720p mkv without problem, but this SD file not??
Interlacing it takes two frames to display a complete picture on the screen. Each second line is from a different frame. Modern video is progressive where the whole image is written in one pass. The hardware video support is based on what Apple expected the atv2 to be playing (purchased) from Apple. All the video from Apple is h264 progressive scan. Everything else is being decoded by the atv2 tiny processor one pixel at a time.
oooooh thank you man

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video_ts in BETA30