Xbmc_configbuilder
the purpose of this script is to create evox.ini and xboxmediacenter.xml when a new version comes out. if nothing else this has made me love unix more than i could imagine! i'm no expert, just lazy. if you can make this better, then please do. Smile you will need to edit the pattern files in the conf directory to match your environment. evox.ini will need the following strings: (###1###, ###2###) inserted where the path to the intended version of xbmc would normally occur. xbmc.xml is a stripped down portion of xboxmediacenter.xml from what would be your previous working installation. strip this down to the bookmarks section only, upgrading in the future will only be only a few clicks away. format of xbmc.xml is shown below, and you do need the final closing tag.

<myprograms> </myprograms>
<pictures> </pictures>
<files> </files>
<music> </music>
<video> </video>
</xboxmediacenter>

put cut.exe, sed.exe, xml.exe, unix2dos.exe, and this file in your path. hardcode paths to evox.ini & xbmc.xml via config_dir variable. when you are ready to run, goto the directory where xbmc is installed i.e.: z:\xbox\xbmc\version\xbmc-2005-01-14 and run this script. when it completes you will have a valid evox.ini in this directory and a modified version of xboxmediacenter.xml with your bookmarks inserted into the original file that came with this build. the original file is backed up with *.orig extension.

-----------------------

i have asked a friend to host this file for me...as soon as he replies with the url, i will post it here.

-inet
let me go ahead and clear up what is likely to be the first question.... when you compile a new version of xbmc, you need to run this script from within the base directory where xboxmediacenter.xml is located from a windows machine. (i'm using winxp) based on some of the environment variables used here, i'm assuming this will only work with winxp and win2k. once this finishes, upload all the stuff to your xbox. in this case e:\apps, and copy evox.ini to c:\

that's it...
zip file of all the contents you need:

if you have any suggestions, or write any improvements of your own, please post them back here....
maybe a dumb question, but why do you have to create a new evox.ini everytime new version of xbmc releases?

i havent updated that file since i got my xbox, but updated everything else.
in my case i keep past versions of xmbc on the hard disk, so that reverting to another version is quick & easy. if you always put it in the same location, then as you said updating this file would not be necessary.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xbmc_configbuilder0