Ability to view .mpo
It seems like this one may be easy? XBMC would just have to recognize the file type and then display it? The TV would do the work of making it 3d? No?

I think 3d is becoming more and more popular. This feature would be GREAT!
You can activate .mpo as pic extension via advancedsettings.xml

see here:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Adv...ensions.3E

mad-max
- - - Tribute to Metallica - - -
If I managed to help you, please click my reputation
Thank you, that does allow me to at least see them... But not in 3d. For whatever reason it does not show them in the side by side format, it kind of overlays them. I was hoping to be able to see them in 3d by setting the TV to SBS, the same way I do for video. XBMC plays the video side by side, I was hoping it could do the same for the pictures.
I'd like to be able to do this too, in the meantime I'm converting them all to JPS (JPEGStereo - half SBS JPEG) and then renaming to jpg
this works but it's a ballache when I shoot hundreds of photos a month in MPO
Is there any news on this in the Nightly 13.0 builds? Can I somehow view the 3D MPO files in 3D in XBMC now? Any progress made?
I'd like to know if there is a way to view mpo files too.
I'd very much like .mpo format support (photo & video)...!!
5½ years gone and still nothing? Can’t be THAT complicated, I guess. If I put the .MPO files onto an USB stick, my TV can display them easily. Seems that KODI just takes the first (left-eye) JPG out of the MPO (there are 2 JPGs inside an MPO file).
since you ask so kindly, and are not at all pissing at the work i had to put in, i have drafted https://github.com/notspiff/imagedecoder.mpo

i have no 3d displays so i cannot handle the display side. nor will i do the memstream input fix, it's non-complicated so i leave it to you.
there we go. memstream has been fixed in the underlying library (thanks to the libmpo author!)

the library is a research library and the add-on is very quickly tossed together. the file format is obfuscated by stupid vendors, so you are bound to run into issues. but it's the best we can do in the free world right now.

now somebody with a 3D display has to take over.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ability to view .mpo0