My perfect XBMC Configuration + mouse/keyboard free HTPC
Thumbs Up 
Great! It works!
I have installed W7 Ultimate x64 and then some driver-stuff, that was off-course required to get everything in check.

At first, viewing a sample 3D from MKV looked a lot better than previously with XP, but still not 'absolutely fantastic'. Until I stumbled upon the checkbox 'allow DIVXA2 acceleration' in XBMC and tried it again: wooha Nod

Now I still have some tweaks to do, which maybe you can also help me with?

The first thing is: subtitles. The MKV I have is accompanied by a .SRT, which is shown automatically. But: XBMC makes it very hard to read, when the TV is switched to 3D Confused I knew this would happen, but still: are there any patches for this? I'd prefer not to convert stuff by hand..

Second: a good way to use my universal remote (Sunwave). Do you know any good (USB?) IR-receivers, which are XBMC compatible?

Anyway, again: thanks for the help! This really looks like 'the way to go' for all Philips users...
V4Friend Wrote:Second: a good way to use my universal remote (Sunwave). Do you know any good (USB?) IR-receivers, which are XBMC compatible?

See http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Remote_Control_Reviews. Any of the eHome receivers should be fine. Many remotes have support for these built in. If you're using Windows see http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Usi...in_Windows for some notes on tweaking the receiver config.

JR
jhsrennie Wrote:See http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Remote_Control_Reviews. Any of the eHome receivers should be fine. Many remotes have support for these built in.
JR
Hi JR,

Thanks again. I have chosen the flirc thingy, because I should be able to use my Sunwave with that (or any other remote I still have lying around...).

I'll post my findings again...
i was gonna say, perfect to you, not to me, but then i realize, you mod your system extensively. lots of things that i can learn from you.

thanks.
Lightbulb 
Hi folks!

I guess there is some stuff I have to report, for those who also bought a mini-ITX board, some DDR3 memory and so on.

When I ran this little system with WinXP, I had no problems at all. Now, after a few weeks and 3 fresh installs of W7 Ultimate, I think I have seen every Shocked BSOD you can get. MEMORY_MANAGEMENT, IRQ_LESS_THAN_OR_EQUAL, BAD_POOL_HEADER, BAD_POOL_CALLER, to name a few...

Finally I found the problem: the AUTO settings in the MSi-BIOS for DDR-Voltage, Clock-frequency and Timings are NOT good for my OCZ-memory. And I thought AUTO meant: 'always good for dummies' Blush

So when you have BSODs in W7: check the specifications of the DDR.
The settings I had to change were:

Code:
Voltage: 1.65V
Frequency: 1066 MHz
Clock timings: 7-7-7-20-(27) CAS-TRCD-TRP-TRAS-(TRP+TRAS)

Hope this helps any of you...
Video link in first post not working
Acer R3700, Win7x64, Panasonic 42", Sony NDR amp, full 5.1 surround. XBMC 11 Beta 3 and controlled via BubblePnP on HP Touchpad with Cynaogen 9. Result !
Hello again!

Just yesterday I received the Flirc USB-device and of course I had to try it right away. Nod

Configuring the device is really simple: download the Flirc software, select the 'special' XBMC-setup and start pushing buttons. I configured it to use the remote I normally use for my Humax HDD-recorder: I can't use XBMC and the Humax at the same time anyway...

The first test while running XBMC? Perfect!

There's only one drawback to the Flirc: it had to be shipped from the USA to Holland and shipping costs were higher than the thingy itself...

P.S.: My little media-PC still suffers instability every now and then. I suspect maybe the DDR3 is not good. Since those issues have nothing to do with XBMC, I'll take those problems elsewhere Cool

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
My perfect XBMC Configuration + mouse/keyboard free HTPC1