[XBMCbuntu Eden B3] TV or PC output level ?
Hi folks,

1) How does XBMC (XBMCbuntu) manage PC/TV levels output ?

A movie have luminance (Y channel) with [16..235] values (please forget BTB & WTW) does XBMC expand it or keep it ?

If XBMC keep levels, is there a way to force it to expand [16..235] to [0..255] ?

What do the "VDPAU Studio level colour conversion" option ?

Wiki say :
Quote:Enables studio level color correction. Corrects errors occurring from conversion between Y'CbCr and RGB. Useful if your TV can't handle PC level color ranges

What does this mean ? Nerd

2) What about screen calibration in XBMC Huh ?
( in my previous life : in Windows world, I was using ArgyllCMS with my "Eye one Display 2" colorimeter )

Thanks for your help guys
Nobody have any idea about output levels in XBMC ? Huh

nobody use screen calibration ? Oo
Quote:nobody use screen calibration ?

You are asking very simple questions in a very complicated way. My guess is that nobody wants to get in the way of that.

May I suggest that you test the screen calibration and tell us what it looks like?
vikjon0 Wrote:May I suggest that you test the screen calibration and tell us what it looks like?
How could I test screen calibration without software tools ? Huh

In simpler words : how could I calibrate my screen in XBMC ? ( I have a "Eye one display II" colorimeter )

- will XBMC apply user ICC profile ?
- does XBMC apply a luma resampling filter ?
- what color matrix does XBMC use ? ITU-609 or ITU-701 ?
- ...ect...

I'm not talking about looking the screen and saying << it's a bit dark, not ? >> ... I'm talking about a real screen calibration, but it looks like nobody care about that here ... Confused
Or they assume that when you talk about screen calib in the xbmc forum you mean the xbmc function named screen calibration?
vikjon0 Wrote:Or they assume that when you talk about screen calib in the xbmc forum you mean the xbmc function named screen calibration?

NO, I'm not talking about screen calibration as XBMC call it, but about screen/color profile calibration Wink

But after first tests, things looks strange in XBMC ! ... I will start a new thread about that ... it will (probably) be a long technical monologue ... Confused

in any case thanks for your answers Wink and next time, I will be more clear and talking about "color profiling" !

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[XBMCbuntu Eden B3] TV or PC output level ?0