Creating Submenus within the Stock Menus?
Hey guys,

I've done countless searches and youtube videos and I can't seem to create submenus under the stock menus of Aeon MQ3. Example, under the stock "Music" menu, I want to add my pandora and grooveshark menus. But it doesn't give me an option of creating a submenu (that I know of) like it does when you create a whole new menu.

Am I missing something? Or is this just how the skin is built?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
All I want to do is the following

Movies
-Kids Movies (smart playlist)
-Files
-other stock submenus

TV Shows
-Hulu (add-on)
-other stock submenus

Music
-Pandora (script)
-Grooveshark (script)
-other stock submenus

I've tried creating a favorites of Movies and then trying to add my smart playlist for the "Kids Movies" as a submenu but it seems Menus are categorical and you can't mix and match? This surely can't be the problem. I feel I am lacking some basic XBMC knowledge here.
(2012-03-19, 23:41)Triage Wrote: All I want to do is the following

Movies
-Kids Movies (smart playlist)
-Files
-other stock submenus

TV Shows
-Hulu (add-on)
-other stock submenus

Music
-Pandora (script)
-Grooveshark (script)
-other stock submenus

I've tried creating a favorites of Movies and then trying to add my smart playlist for the "Kids Movies" as a submenu but it seems Menus are categorical and you can't mix and match? This surely can't be the problem. I feel I am lacking some basic XBMC knowledge here.

So, I was able to just "favorite" everything and then create a new menu with submenus for my scripts and addons under the favorites sections, if that makes any sense. Not exactly what I wanted to do but I have a nice and compact menu system that is easy to navigate for the wifey.

So, this is probably a well known way of doing this but perhaps someone else might find it useful. Cheers.
Hi, Im just gonna go ahead and borrow this thread for a minute. How do you add a new working shortcut on your homemenu? I want the shortcut linked to an addon-program.

I'm using Showmix 3.1 and I would like a shortcut called "TV Play" in the same menu as "Movies" and "Tv Shows". I think you get the pictures.

Atm it only says "Cannot find favourites.xml"

Thanks.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: I succed to add a shortcut to the menu. But at the moment it guides me to "videos". How do I do to make it guide me to a specific addon-program?
(2012-03-20, 01:36)Viryz Wrote: Hi, Im just gonna go ahead and borrow this thread for a minute. How do you add a new working shortcut on your homemenu? I want the shortcut linked to an addon-program.

I'm using Showmix 3.1 and I would like a shortcut called "TV Play" in the same menu as "Movies" and "Tv Shows". I think you get the pictures.

Thanks.

EDIT: I succed to add a shortcut to the menu. But at the moment it guides me to "videos". How do I do to make it guide me to a specific addon-program?

As far as I know and I would love someone to correct me, but you can't add a submenu to the stock Movies and TV Shows that is an add-on. *Disclaimer: I am new to xbmc and am using MQ3* What I would do and have done is go to the Videos main menu and press down, click on files, then click on video add-ons. Find the add-on that you want to use, highlight it and press "C". Then click on add to favorites.

From there, you can add it to your Menu as a favorite, or create a submenu with.

Let me try to illustrate what I did.

I deactivated my stock music menu. So it would no longer show up. Then I made my music folder as a favorite and created a whole new menu with the submenus as listed below:

New favorite "Music" Menu (I made my music folder a "favorite")
-Pandora (made this add-on a favorite)
-Grooveshark (made this add-on a favorite)

It actually has worked great for me. Except you lose the ability to see how many albums and artists are listed. The other downside is you have to make smart playlists to get the old submenus back from your stock music menu. Does that make sense? I hope so. Good luck. You can PM me if you have questions and I will try my best.
(2012-03-20, 17:40)Triage Wrote:
(2012-03-20, 01:36)Viryz Wrote: Hi, Im just gonna go ahead and borrow this thread for a minute. How do you add a new working shortcut on your homemenu? I want the shortcut linked to an addon-program.

Thanks.

As far as I know and I would love someone to correct me, but you can't add a submenu to the stock Movies and TV Shows that is an add-on. *Disclaimer: I am new to xbmc and am using MQ3* What I would do and have done is go to the Videos main menu and press down, click on files, then click on video add-ons. Find the add-on that you want to use, highlight it and press "C". Then click on add to favorites.

From there, you can add it to your Menu as a favorite, or create a submenu with.

Let me try to illustrate what I did.

I deactivated my stock music menu. So it would no longer show up. Then I made my music folder as a favorite and created a whole new menu with the submenus as listed below:

New favorite "Music" Menu (I made my music folder a "favorite")
-Pandora (made this add-on a favorite)
-Grooveshark (made this add-on a favorite)

It actually has worked great for me. Except you lose the ability to see how many albums and artists are listed. The other downside is you have to make smart playlists to get the old submenus back from your stock music menu. Does that make sense? I hope so. Good luck. You can PM me if you have questions and I will try my best.

Thanks mate, I will try something out, will pm you for sure if i bump into problems.
With Aeon Nox you can add up to 3 submenus to each stock menus, but it looks like this feature isn't supported in Aeon MQ3 Sad

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Creating Submenus within the Stock Menus?0