• 6(current)
Skype videoconferencing integration development
I really like this idea. I really do.
This is a fantastic idea. I unfamiliar with XBMC programming but I am willing to beta test. Let me know what you need.
I'd like to get my hands dirty on the code of this. I'm offering some development assistance. If you don't have one already, i can host a git project for this.
the OP hasn't posted on this thread for 7 months so it doesn't look hopeful that this will see the light of say IMO
I would hope someone is still working on this. I am not a programmer, but have people that can do the coding if need be.
I have contacted the OP. He is busy studying (you should probably be too!) but he is willing to share and help with the code. But the prerequisite here, since the code is based on the SkypeKit SDK, seems to be that it is only handed over to someone who has access to that SDK (or at least it would be useless without it). The code communicating with skype is hardcoded into the (somewhat outdated) xbmc guts, but is skinnable.

Now the issue is that Skype doesnt seem to be granting acess to the SkypeKit SDK anymore.. OP got the access in two days, me and others have been waiting for weeks and weeks. So this is where the fun stops.

The moral of the story is....use open protocols!
is there any video communicator based on open video protocol available for XBMC?
Maybe I'm jumping in late here... But for the linux side... could you simply not just use the dbus feature that skype supports... granted you would want an all for one solution... but you got to start some where right?

ie...

https://live.gnome.org/Vala/DBusClientSa...tus_client

Granted that the protocol is now up to 7, there are some features not current available in linux.

http://developer.skype.com/desktop-api-reference#Linux
Any news on the status of this development? I 'd love to be able to make skype calls on my tv. Especially the fact that the video/music can automatically pauze when there is an incomming call
I'm no programmer but I support everyone working on this add on. It will be great
I would also love this add on !!! Blush
One more interested. Really hope someone can do it... Smile
Hi all

A quick update,

I have started working on a framework/api (similar to PVR) that will enable loading binary addons for voice and video chat.

My plane is to create a binary addon for:
  • Skype (the api suppose to solve Skype licensing)
  • GoogleTalk
  • WebRTC - This will enable browser to xbmc video chat.

I will create a new thread once I have something to show.

At the moment I'm building for Linux 32bit and I have planes to build for windows as well.
great to hear from you again :-)
Its great that besides from a possible Skype addon XBMC in general can benefit from your work!
I was hoping there would be a Skype app for XBMC and just came across this, would be great to have it working!!
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Skype videoconferencing integration development6