• 2(current)
Skype videoconferencing integration development
I think I agree with most in this thread, chat is not a high priority as compared to solid and seamless video. It would be a nice feature possibly down the road though as I do have a keyboard attached to my XBMC machine. I'm sure there are a few others as well.

This project looks amazing! Thanks for taking it on!
amitn. any update ?
Nvidia Shield with Kodi 18
NodNodNod
Skype and Gtalk ! Will it be a plugin or in core Xbmc ?
hey I love the idea and want to test it out but I have to ask how do I install it.
Absolutely have been waiting for this. Can't wait for it. Could do translation to german if needed. Amit, keep on the good work, Thanks!
Hi All,
Thanks for the support, I was out of town the whole week so unfortunately not much progress here.

Couple of answers to the questions raised above:
  • This will not be an addon, at the moment to provide a "quick" solution, I intend to integrate Skype and Google Talk into the XBMC core. I think that in the long term XBMC should have an API for those kind of things.
    So far I couldn't find a good way to render the video from an addon, this is why I integrate it into the core.
  • Regarding Skype - Are there any lawyers in the audience ? I'm trying to figure out the SkypeKit distribution terms and limitations ( Don't want to get sued by Microsoft... Big Grin ).
  • In parallel I'm working on a Google Talk solution and made some progress ( Nothing that I can show at the moment). Will provide more updates soon.

Amit
Hello everyone!

I joined to help Amit with his project. I am quite new to XBMC programming but let me update you with what is new:

- Contact list is now sorted by two levels of sorting, first all sorts of online status (online, DND, away) in one group, then all your offline contacts, both sorted by names.

(P.S. if anyone can tell me how I can start the CGUIMediaWindow with the "big list" view mode that would be lovely! Smile )

- Added skype sounds! For logging in, logging, dialling and incoming call.
- Skype for XBMC no longer requires a restart when enabled/disabled via settings to start/shutdown.

The new build will be on the github once my brother is available to give me push rights.

~ Shanee
Shanee Wrote:(P.S. if anyone can tell me how I can start the CGUIMediaWindow with the "big list" view mode that would be lovely! Smile )
In general You'd have to add line in ViewState.h:
Code:
#define DEFAULT_VIEW_BIG_LIST (VIEW_TYPE_BIG_LIST << 16)
and then use line below in your window's onWindowInit (assuming You'd want use that view everytime You enter that window)
Code:
m_viewControl.SetCurrentView(DEFAULT_VIEW_BIG_LIST);

(this would rely on skin maintainer using <viewtype>biglist<viewtype>).
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forums before posting.
Do NOT e-mail Team-XBMC members asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, make sure you read this first

My previous forum/trac nickname: grajen3
pieh Wrote:In general You'd have to add line in ViewState.h:
Code:
#define DEFAULT_VIEW_BIG_LIST (VIEW_TYPE_BIG_LIST << 16)
and then use line below in your window's onWindowInit (assuming You'd want use that view everytime You enter that window)
Code:

(this would rely on skin maintainer using <viewtype>biglist<viewtype>).

Hi pieh!

Thank you for the reply. I am a bit puzzled because I actually tried that and it didn't work. Unless it won't work if it is placed in the constructor? I am going to give it another try. Thanks!
it doesn't work propably because there is no "biglist" viewtype in confluence - You can edit ViewsFileMode.xml - control with id="51" change <viewtype>list</viewtype> to biglist
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forums before posting.
Do NOT e-mail Team-XBMC members asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, make sure you read this first

My previous forum/trac nickname: grajen3
Hi,

I made the changes to the ViewsFileMode.xml yet it still doesn't seem to work,

I tried to put the line:
Code:

in both the constructor and the OnMessage - case GUI_MSG_WINDOW_INIT.

Another question is how can I force the graphic/buttons of the CGUIMediaWindow to update, currently we are using the CFileItemList *m_vecItems to show the Skype contacts but I haven't found a way to tell XBMC to instantly reflect changes, only if I changed the view mode new changes showed up. I have tried several functions such as UpdateButtons and some messages but none worked and I can't seem to find much searching for it online.

Might be useful if you can recommend me somewhere to read about the API a bit more so I won't be asking what might be obvious silly questions, I am sorry I just started working with the XBMC code today without much reference to it. :-)
Try something like
Code:
CGUIMessage msg(GUI_MSG_NOTIFY_ALL, 0, 0, GUI_MSG_UPDATE);
g_windowManager.SendThreadMessage(msg);

There is no real documentation for these things. What I always do if I don't know how something works is to see where the same behaviour is used elsewhere and then try to find that part in the code.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
It actually seems to clear the list instead of rendering it Smile Maybe it is because of the way we are adding them, currently we are directly using m_vecItems' Add/Clear/Remove in our update function. From what I looked at so far it seems whenever we try such updates it tries to load them from a file and clears the list we are creating. Maybe I am wrong, anyway I think this is sleep time for me.

Thanks for the help, will look at it again tomorrow, g'night! Smile
Ok I have to ask this how to I compile and download what is needed sorry nevered worked with github

Thanks,
Yonu
guys great work and im very happy that you guys are developing this however building it in core will make maany users not use it. if you do it like an addon it can be used by a wider audience amd easier to update in the long run. I hope u guys take a look at it and see if you can do an addon instead. im no programmer or dev just a user so just giving my small two centa.
Nvidia Shield with Kodi 18
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Skype videoconferencing integration development6