Linux Install XBMC PVR Xvba from source
@limahlowski:
Current Master as of today is broken - just a bit - so if you get a huge number of crashes, update in a few days.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
make sure you do "git submodule update" every time you rebase. pvr repo might not point to the last commit of pvr-addons repo.
(2012-09-02, 18:26)fritsch Wrote: @limahlowski:
Current Master as of today is broken - just a bit - so if you get a huge number of crashes, update in a few days.
on friday downloaded the source from git
all working OK, pvr with tvheadend also too, no crash, no reboot all OK
FernetMenta has fixed a lot of stuff over the day. So - you can try to rebuild if you want - but if everything is working out for you - keep what you have.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2012-09-02, 07:53)fritsch Wrote: If you are in need of the pvr plugins, add xbmc-pvr-addons as a git submodul:

Hi,

I need mythtv / libcmyth support. How can the be done?
@Forumkel:

Sorry, I have no idea. If you find out, please keep us posted. I will update the howto accordingly.
Well, is there any way to patch the vanilla xbmc git sources with the xvba-changes? I just wonder why there's a whole new fork for this. Any chances I can get a diff-file or something like that?
@Forkumkel:
This can be done via git. Get both trees, do a rebase or a merge or something.
That produces lots of conflicts Sad
Also tried to just copy over the xbmc/pvrclients folder and edit the Makefile but the code base seems to have too many differences (missing declaration for PVR_HANDLE struct and so on).
There must be a way to extract only the xvba-dependent changes and merge those into the main xbmc branch.
(2012-10-08, 13:29)Forumkel Wrote:
(2012-09-02, 07:53)fritsch Wrote: If you are in need of the pvr plugins, add xbmc-pvr-addons as a git submodul:

Hi,

I need mythtv / libcmyth support. How can the be done?

This worked for me a week or so ago, before the pvr api changes -
Code:
git clone https://github.com/fetzerch/xbmc-pvr-addons.git
cd xbmc-pvr-addons
./bootstrap
./configure --prefix=/usr
sudo make install
(2012-10-08, 16:46)Forumkel Wrote: That produces lots of conflicts Sad
Also tried to just copy over the xbmc/pvrclients folder and edit the Makefile but the code base seems to have too many differences (missing declaration for PVR_HANDLE struct and so on).
There must be a way to extract only the xvba-dependent changes and merge those into the main xbmc branch.

nobody said it would be easy. The question is, why would you need that? Extract _only_ xvba is really hard because it depends on other improvements in FernetMentas tree.
@Forumkel:
I showed you the way above - have fun. And try the hint by divingmule. At a first look - it should work without problems - make sure you stay at PVR client api 1.3.0 - as this is the version we currently run in this ppa.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Install XBMC PVR Xvba from source0