[WINDOWS] DuneConsole
Also if you wouldnt mind just giving me an idea of this works it might help me get a grasp on it.

Does the playerfactorycore.xml launch the bat file which then sends cmd's to duneconsole.exe to communicate to the dune?

Im really not sure if xbmc is doing anything to launch the bat file when i play a movie or tv show iso.
Ghostdivision Wrote:So this is how i have the bat file ?

I also notice in your first post for target yours just says "Dune"

In mine I have the dune ip adress. Does it matter?

It shows up as dune on my network, but i have typically used my ip address.

Lastly in your post above you mention to use

<rule filename=".*bdmv.*" player="BDMV_Player"/>

I notice you use ISO, in that thread you linked to it says for iso it should be

<rule filename=".*iso.*" player="ISO_Player"/>

Yet yours is set to

<rule filetypes="iso" filename=".*bluray.*" player="DUNE-BLURAY"/>

So I am a bit confused. The above link mentions for iso the file name should be .*iso.* but yours is .*bluray.* and your player it says should be "ISO_Player* but yours is "DUNE-BLURAY" ?

Btw untill I get this working I am also going to be using iso files. I have some iso tv shows that are named something similar to this "S01E01E02.Bluray.iso"

Is that ok? Im trying to get my system as close as i can to yours just to get this working.

Default the hostname is DUNE, So if you did not change that it will work with both.
I just match on .bluray. instead of ISO because of other reasons. If I use .bluray. in the filename some skins will use the BluRay overlays on the posters. Both will work fine.
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER
INTEL DN2820FYKH NUC 2D/3D WINDOWS
ACER HD9500BD / MARANTZ SR7009 ATMOS 7.1.4

Ghostdivision Wrote:Also if you wouldnt mind just giving me an idea of this works it might help me get a grasp on it.

Does the playerfactorycore.xml launch the bat file which then sends cmd's to duneconsole.exe to communicate to the dune?

Im really not sure if xbmc is doing anything to launch the bat file when i play a movie or tv show iso.

Ok step 1:

Make sure you added your movie library correctly in XBMC. You should not use local paths like C:/ etc. Use the add share function: add SMB and fill in the username and password or leave them blank if the Dune can connect without.

Step 2:

Test the playerfactorycore.xml by slecting a movie that should use the external player. Also edit the batch file and change echo off to echo on and remove the /minimise switches show you can see if it starts and works. If the batch file closes to fast to see add the "pause" command after each line.

To see what XBMC is sending to your batchfile, just add this in the beginning of the batch file:

@echo on
%1
pause
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER

Ok got it working, pretty much set up everything as you did. Appears batch files in program files would not work.

I had it C:\Programfiles\

When there is actually a space there. So i added the space and then I kept getting Error C:\program does not exist.

So i just put it into C:\Xbmc\ folder like you.

So my setup is now exactly like yours, directory and everything.
So the one thing I will need help with and likely the last thing i need help with, when i try to launch blu-ray folder it should work, the batch file is launching the bdmv location properly however, i keep getting command failed.

I have spent hours trying to figure out why.

I have my bdmv files just like your iso...... titled as an example

Gladiator.bluray

Then inside is the bdmv folder.

Could you possibly post what the playcorefactory.xml and batch file should look like for bdmv?

I tried the playcorefactory you suggested with the link above but it did not work. So i just used your playercorefactory but switched "iso" under rules to "bdmv" its launching the bdmv files but then i just get command failed.

I know im being a pain Smile but if you could possibly post a working playcorefactory and batch file for bdmv i will be done, and everything will work fine.

Of course if or when you have time, it would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you again.
Many thanks for this. I have it up and running for my Dune. Your DuneControl and my .bat plays all my files from my network through xbmc with my Dune.
Also:
I use the Constellation app on my iPad, for choosing a movie or tvshow and the app Dune Remote, to control the Dune.
I use PDVD as external player in xbmc on my htpc, for my 3D Blu-ray iso's on my network. Also with Constellation and the PDVD Remote app.
How you choose the Movie and playback the Movie?

You can start the Movie direkt from Ipad, or you must use Ipad, PC with XBMC and Dune?
If you configured it correctly any iPAD app for XBMC can be used. It just uses the external player function from XBMC to trigger the duneconsole command line program.
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] DuneConsole0