Looking to create Concert Video Playlists
I'm very new to Kodi and have yet to buy a media player to play media on my TV. I'm looking at buying the Nvidia Shield TV and have recently converted all of my Cds to FLAC in preparation. I'm currently getting ready to convert all of my concert DVDs and Blu Rays to either MKV or ISO Image files. I've practiced with the trial version of Acrok's and Pavtube's Ultimate Converter software (I want an easy all in one product). Unfortunately the trial software doesn't allow me to save an MKV file with chapters and multiple audio tracks intact, so I'm not able to see if I can make a playlist that pulls tracks from different video concerts. My goal is to have all of my concert videos available as original quality files for the best video and audio possible.

Does anyone know if I would be able to make playlists that play tracks/chapters from different videos in a custom order so that I can bounce around between saved video files?

Would I be able to do it with a MKV file that has chapters and both the stereo and 5.1 audio tracks saved?

Or would I need to convert each track/chapter as a separate file for it to be recognized in a playlist?

Thanks in advance.

Matt
Hi welcome.
If you want to keep the original video codec (mpeg2 in the case of DVDs), you can use MakeMKV to convert them. It will just convert to mkv and keep all audio and subtitle tracks as is. On some DVDs, there is one large file with everything (Play All) and individual titles. In such cases you can get the individuals tracks out as well as the large file.

If you want to convert the video codec to h.264, you can consider Handbrake. Unlike MakeMKV, however, you have to specify the audio and subtitle tracks to include in new file.

Either software will allow to label the chapters.

With regards to pulling chapters for a playlist, I am not sure. Someone else could help with that.

Cheers,
Long Man.
Long Man,
Thank you for the information. I'm open to saving the discs in whatever format allows original quality, multiple soundtracks and chapter/individual titles to be maintained. I hope that someone can confirm that there is a way to make a playlist that won't play the entire concert, but instead will allow individual chapters/songs to be chosen. If there is a preferred way or program to make that happen then I would like to use it from the beginning.

Thanks again,

Matt
Okay, this will be my last attempt. I'm still hoping someone can confirm that a playlist can be made of individual songs/chapters from different movies. Thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Looking to create Concert Video Playlists0