Delete Files
Does anyone know how to delete files from atv 1 running Crystalbuntu? It gives me an error with WinSCP. I did it all the time with atv2.
Depending on where you are trying to delete the files from, you have to be root.

Sam.Nazarko Wrote:Enabling the root account is not a good way to SCP files to root owned folders.
The XBMC team, plug-in devs, skinners, etc. do this for us for FREE in their spare time because they want to. Think about that for a second before you start bitching...
I want to delete some plugins and folders to do a reinstall.ere?
Is there a master password or something that will allow me to edit the files in th
The best way I know of, and the way I always do it, is from the command line.

Connect in terminal (or whatever) to the ATV, "su -" to gain root privilege and rm whatever you want to get rid of. Just be careful Wink

If you want to do a complete reinstall, just do an install the same way you did the initial from the USB. The installer repartitions the drive so everything will be wiped out automatically.
The XBMC team, plug-in devs, skinners, etc. do this for us for FREE in their spare time because they want to. Think about that for a second before you start bitching...
So is there a root password to let me in. It is nice and easy to use winscp. You just drag and drop files with it. Im not to sure how to add or edit files from terminal.
Just use the File Manager within XBMC. Since XBMC is ran under root, it will be able to modify those files. It's in the sub-menu of System.
Ned Scott Wrote:Just use the File Manager within XBMC. Since XBMC is ran under root, it will be able to modify those files. It's in the sub-menu of System.

K. Thanx. Will try that now.
I can remove plugins there but i am still not able to add or edit some.py files.i will need to get in with Winscp for that wont I?
If you add a network source in the File Manager, then you can copy things to/from there. Kind of the same idea as using Winscp, just from XBMC instead of the computer.
http://stmlabs.com/forum/topic/log-in-as...v#post-108

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Delete Files0