Which branch?
I am thinking about installing a pvr version of xbmc, is this the latest:

http://packages.pulse-eight.net/

and is it beta three?

I am running xbmcbuntu eden beta 3 which came with hts-tvheadend pre-installed. Do I need to uninstall this and install another version?
This is the latest version for Ubuntu.

You need to install tvheadend from this repository (and remove hts-tvheadend if not uninstalled automatically ).
thanks, looking at the script can see no mention of tv headend.

When I run the script, will my existing xbmc settings/addons be retained?
As you are using xbmcbuntu you already have beta3 without pvr features. All settings and addons wil be retained.

To install tvheadend run:
sudo apt-get install tvheadend
the latest development branch can be found in my sig. the only real difference between that, and the build I provide via pulse-eight, are better support for our CEC adapter. all the rest is the same.
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]
personal website: [link]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

If you like my work, please consider donating to me and/or Team XBMC.
Since sometime I am building the packages on my own for archlinux.

So is it best to use your tags (e.g.: pvr-ppa-odk67)?
Are you now working in the Eden-pvr branch, because the commits can't be read anymore since sometime?
Also with the latest (odk67) I can't watch LiveTV anymore.

Thanks for answers
Just installed, works great thank you. Big Grin No epg for my dvb-t2 channels to figure out.

Does timeshift eg pause live tv work with any other backend or is it not currently available with xbmc-pvr and any backend at the moment? - Just wondering

Also, the miniguide you can bring up when watching asomething that shows you upcoming programs on the same channel. Is it possible to see what is on the other channels without changing channel or escaping out to the main epg?
I have been playing some more and this pvr is very good, much better that I though. I made a few recordings all of which worked very well.

Configurel the xml grabber to get epg for my hd channels and noticed this also brought the icons, so configured the other channels for this as well. There are on or two missing tho, that I would have though were the main uk channels, do I need to download manually and use the channel editor or is there a way to force the to dl automatically?
Unfortunately no response...
Anyway, I want to say that version pvr-ppa-odk68 works like a charm again.
(2012-02-26, 03:17)dushmaniac Wrote: the latest development branch can be found in my sig. the only real difference between that, and the build I provide via pulse-eight, are better support for our CEC adapter. all the rest is the same.

Is this still true, or should I switch to the pulse-eight git repository for building my own packages?
Because with the latest tagged version of the "original" repository, I have a recording priority issue.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Which branch?0