Airplay in Eden Beta 3? having few problems...
I was able to use airplay in one of the first eden builds, it worked great.

However, after upgrading XBMC to latest Eden Beta 3, airplay doesn't work.

I go to System > Settings > Network > Services and turn on "Allow XBMC to receive AirPlay content" on. However this does nothing.

One concern that I have, is that on the very first build of XBMC Eden that I used (where I was able to get AirPlay to work), there was another toggling option right next to one that exists right now. It was something to tell what computer should use for receiving AirPlay content, I guess. Now this option is gone and airplay doesn't work.

Does anyone know how to solve it? Can anyone get AirPlay to work with latest Eden Beta 3?
verify that you have installed avahi and activated zeroconf in xbmc. Beside that post a debug log. Airplay works on b3.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
That it, zeroconf, that what I am missing from the menus now. I used to have a toggle right next to "Activate Airplay" for turning on zeroconf. Now I don't. (unless it got moved somewhere in the menus).

I checked for avahi and i have it installed, with avahi-daemon started.
how did you install your xbmc? which linux version and so on?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
I was looking on XBMC forums more and this person from this post had the same problem, missing zeroconf option:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=115066

I am using Arch Linux, and I installed xbmc-eden-git from aur, it should be latest beta 3 build. I am also running 64-bit system.
Same issue, no zeroconf option in Settings -> Network.
Beta 3 built from the official Gentoo ebuild.

I'll check the config options when I get home.

Update:
Lack of zeroconf was my fault, didn't have the avahi use flag set.

I can now see the following via avahi-browse -a

Code:
+   eth0 IPv6 XBMC (Alpheus)                                _airplay._tcp
local
+   eth0 IPv4 XBMC (Alpheus)                                _airplay._tcp
local

I presume this means the XBMC side is working fine, and if iTunes on my desktop can only see its local speakers its an itunes not XBMC issue.
Well configure normally finds its dependencies automatically. For airplay you need:

libavahi-dev (this will add the zeroconf option)
libplist-dev
libshairport-dev

Configure gives an output at the end of configuring where it states which features are activated (if zeroconf/avahi or airplay or airtunes comes out with "off" there - then one of the deps are missing).

Beside that - its a bit unfair to state "update to eden3 and airplay doesn't work", when you build your stuff by yourself and don't do it right and didn't even state at the first place that you do your own builds...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Airplay in Eden Beta 3? having few problems...0