• 5(current)
[RELEASE] LiveTV v1.08

If anyone knows any other EPG services, let me know.
HansMayer Wrote:Image

If anyone knows any other EPG services, let me know.
Look nice. Any chance you can share this?
Just PM you.
Thanks,
HansMayer Wrote:Does this answer your question? (It loaded the EPG for one complete day for all channels in the list)

Figure it out yourself, that's part of the fun.

This appears very ignorant. You come onto another persons thread and hijack with what should be your own thread (reference coming to an xbmc near you) and then tell the author of this post to do as above quote states?? In my book IGNORANT. If you have nothing helpful to add maybe it would be better for you to stay away from a very helpful persons thread. Thank you :mad:
kizzy1 Wrote:This appears very ignorant. You come onto another persons thread and hijack with what should be your own thread (reference coming to an xbmc near you) and then tell the author of this post to do as above quote states?? In my book IGNORANT. If you have nothing helpful to add maybe it would be better for you to stay away from a very helpful persons thread. Thank you :mad:

I agree with u man.

He is just posting screens all over the place.
if u r not gna help out then i dont see any point of ur posts
YaSs3r37 Wrote:I agree with u man.

He is just posting screens all over the place.
if u r not gna help out then i dont see any point of ur posts

Agreed. And what's fun with a bunch of teasers anyway?
Unless it's a teaser for a tv show or something of that natureSmile

So just release your product or what have you, or stfu.
If it's work in progress, then bother us with it when it's ready.
"Lucifer, the Light-bearer! Strange and mysterious name to give to the Spirit of Darkness! Lucifer, the Son of the Morning! Is it he who bears the Light, and with its splendors intolerable, blinds feeble, sensual, or selfish souls? Doubt it not!"
[Albert Pike, Morals and Dogma of the Ancient and Accepted Scottish Rite of Freemasonry]
Wonderful addon, but I can't seem to get the HD channels working smoothly. They start up just fine, but after a few seconds it buffers, then plays for a few more sec, then skips (basically a slideshow with audio) for a few more sec, rinse repeat. I know it is probably a bandwidth issue, but my line easily gets ~18 mbps and even if it buffers, It definitely should not become a slide show-- it should play smoothly till it needs to buffer again.

Running Eden RC 2 and my xbmc does play other streaming 720p content (eg Hulu) smoothly. Wondering if there is anything that can be done to increase speeds I guess? Network monitor says xbmc is going at ~100-180 kb/s (that's kilobytes) but fluctuates a lot. Do HD streams actually play smoothly for anyone? I'm in Australia if it matters, but bandwidth should be more than enough even for 1080p. Tried with and without memcachebuffer 0 setting in advancedsettings xml.

Cheers!
username145 Wrote:Wonderful addon, but I can't seem to get the HD channels working smoothly. They start up just fine, but after a few seconds it buffers, then Plays for a few more sec, then skips (basically a slideshow with audio) for a few more sec, rinse repeat. I know it is probably a bandwidth issue, but my line easily gets ~18 mbps and even if it buffers, It definitely should not become a slide show-- it should play smoothly till it needs to buffer again.

Running Eden RC 2 and my xbmc does play other streaming 720p content smoothly. Wondering if there is anything that can be done to increase speeds I guess? Network monitor says xbmc is going at ~100-180 kb/s but fluctuates a lot. Do HD streams actually play smoothly for anyone? I'm in Australia if it matters, but bandwidth should be more than enough even for 1080p.

Cheers!

If it's not bandwidth related, install more RAM or close some programs and restart XBMC.
4GB RAM, lots of free memory, rebooted many times. The PC specs handle 1080/720p h264 just fine Wink

Perhaps there is a way to play this content via something like mplayer or vlc (maybe even a browser)? That way I can completely eliminate xbmc as a possible cause, and maybe chalk it up to a bandwidth oroblem on the provider's end.

Channels in question are BBC HD, ITV HD, Disney etc
username145 Wrote:Wonderful addon, but I can't seem to get the HD channels working smoothly. They start up just fine, but after a few seconds it buffers, then plays for a few more sec, then skips (basically a slideshow with audio) for a few more sec, rinse repeat. I know it is probably a bandwidth issue, but my line easily gets ~18 mbps and even if it buffers, It definitely should not become a slide show-- it should play smoothly till it needs to buffer again.

Running Eden RC 2 and my xbmc does play other streaming 720p content smoothly. Wondering if there is anything that can be done to increase speeds I guess? Network monitor says xbmc is going at ~100-180 kb/s (that's kilobytes) but fluctuates a lot. Do HD streams actually play smoothly for anyone? I'm in Australia if it matters, but bandwidth should be more than enough even for 1080p.

Cheers!

The problem isn't on your end. Your bandwidth is irrelevant. The server side just isn't feeding the stream fast enough. During certain times of the day the sites get overloaded and the result is constant buffering. The only way to fix that is for the hosters of the stream to acquire more bandwidth to stream to more people. And nobody here has any control over that. For me it works better at different times of the day.
Excellent add-on, I love the fact that you can have more than one xml file, kudos. Smile

mikey1234 Wrote:EDIT 28/02/2012 V1.2 RELEASED NOW

Livestreams alternative with proxy support and epg in collaboration with blackout worm this plugin will be awesome

DOES NOT WORK ON DHARMA

v1.2
Added sky movies EPG and some music channels

Step By Step Install Video

http://youtu.be/q0LHrdPG70g

Download Link

http://live-tv-stream.googlecode.com/fil...TVv1.2.zip

This will automatically update the streams so if anyone wants anything added please either pm me or add to thread

Only reason I changed to LiveTV to keep it away from xbmc forum as the channel lists are just getting cluttered so I only want good quality English streams I will need also a few people who are on top of the streams like me to be admins of the Svn trunk to update the streams

apply within please

FOR BEST VIEWING FOR EPG CHANGE VIEW TO MEDIA INFO 2
I DON'T DO CABLE.
crawl Wrote:The problem isn't on your end. Your bandwidth is irrelevant. The server side just isn't feeding the stream fast enough. During certain times of the day the sites get overloaded and the result is constant buffering. The only way to fix that is for the hosters of the stream to acquire more bandwidth to stream to more people. And nobody here has any control over that. For me it works better at different times of the day.

It happens with every HD channel though, including ones I had tried with the livestreams addon (can't remember the channel's name, but they were music/ concerts in HD, maybe 3 or 4 streams with different genres) some months ago. Makes me think something is wrong when HD from different sources have the same problems.
so can someone explains to me what the difference between this and the livestreams ?! are we able to play VLC links HuhHuh
How to enable epg in live tv after installing on ATv2 with Eden rc2. Thanks
Epg is temporary down at the moment unless you overwrite the default.py with one in the epg test post

Defaul.py can be found on atv2

Var/mobile/library/presences/xbmc/addons/plugin.video.livetv

Is your ssh into atv2 right click once copied

Properties and set to permissions to mobile
So EPG is not available in the current version of this plugin?
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] LiveTV v1.080