GIF (gif89a) problem on googlemaps
http://www.geocities.com/bogorman/testgif.zip
hi.
i have a problem. i'm developing a new script which downloads googlemaps screens and hopefully will let you navigate around. anyway most of the tiles for the screen will download and show on screen with no problem but on some there may be a few tiles missing. the gifs for the missing tiles download perfectly to files on the xbox and i can view them on my computer with no problem. but when i load them on screen they just will not show. i have looked at the logging in xbmc but looks normal. the tiles that are usually missing are the ones with more colors on them so i imagine that is causing a problem for the gif interpreter in xbmc. on my pc i loaded the image with the pil library and just saved it again as another gif. this is the test.gif in the zip and if i try and load that on screen it will load. the original gif is gif89a format and the pil automatically converts to gif87a and this loads in xbmc ok. unfortunatley the pil on the xbmc cannot save files so i am in trouble. i did the same converting to png and that would also load on screen. has anyone had any similar problems. anyone know anything about the gif handling. please have a look at the zip file and you will see. there are meant to be 2 gifs on screen but only one is shown. hope someone can help.
cheers
this may or may not be related, but i've noticed that i'll get a map once in a while that displays with a few of the tiles blank. i've seen this in ie and firefox, and even reloading the page doesn't fix. the next time i try, a day or so later, its fine. i always thought i was getting the tile, it was just that the tile was blank. good luck to you.
--jaga
thanks. well the tiles are actually getting downloaded ok as i have them in files on the harddrive but just displaying them in screen is the problem. cheers
gif problem has been reported some times...
but never heard about a solution... using pil is a very good idea but if pil cannot saved them... it is a bit annoying.
i can't tell you more that you already know.
maybe would it be possible to open the gif89a and to rewrite some datas to make xbmc think it is a gif87a...
maybe this post should be moved / copy to 'bug discussion' forum or to 'features suggestion' to catch a professionnal advice Wink
hey welcome back flash (-:
ltns
this script sounds like it could be pretty cool... good luck with this.
i've had problems with some png files. i can view them from the slideshow but they wont show on a controlimage.  

as an example the png file on this page wont show:
http://www.fmi.fi/saa/paikalli.html?kunta=rovaniemi

i can see the file is downloaded correctly: it is in the cache folder and i can view it from the xbmc "my pictures" browser.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
GIF (gif89a) problem on googlemaps0