• 2(current)
Release Boxee Inspirat Skin
this is pretty awesome! Great job!
Hopefully someone keeps this going
I'm trying to tweak the skin a bit to include a few things I'd like to have in it. This is, of course, literally my first time trying to do anything with modding a skin. I do have some experience with XML so I'm not completely out of my element, and I've done a few little things like adding the weather and changing the home menu around a bit (I went all Boxee 1.5 and added a Live TV link that hooks to the Eye TV Parser).

Stupid noob question: how do I introduce Watched/Unwatched overlays to the poster view and/or some form of Watched/Unwatched text flag in the list views?

I'm trying to dig through some other skins for clues and am humiliated to report I've come up empty so far. Have also dug a bit through the Skinning Manual.

Anybody feel like throwing a slackjawed noodjit like myself a bone?
ginsengbomb Wrote:I'm trying to tweak the skin a bit to include a few things I'd like to have in it. This is, of course, literally my first time trying to do anything with modding a skin. I do have some experience with XML so I'm not completely out of my element, and I've done a few little things like adding the weather and changing the home menu around a bit (I went all Boxee 1.5 and added a Live TV link that hooks to the Eye TV Parser).

Stupid noob question: how do I introduce Watched/Unwatched overlays to the poster view and/or some form of Watched/Unwatched text flag in the list views?

I'm trying to dig through some other skins for clues and am humiliated to report I've come up empty so far. Have also dug a bit through the Skinning Manual.

Anybody feel like throwing a slackjawed noodjit like myself a bone?

Open ViewPoster.xml

Look for: <!--HD Overlay-->

You'll see its a image control with about 6 parameters. You can either mod it to display Watched Status instead, or if you want to add Watched and keep this HD, you simply copy paste the section.

Main alteration to be made is the <visible> parameter and the PNG gfx to be loaded. Once done, you copy your new image control into listview.xml into the <itemlayout> section and at most do some PosX/Y alterations.
newbra Wrote:Open ViewPoster.xml

Look for: <!--HD Overlay-->

You'll see its a image control with about 6 parameters. You can either mod it to display Watched Status instead, or if you want to add Watched and keep this HD, you simply copy paste the section.

Main alteration to be made is the <visible> parameter and the PNG gfx to be loaded. Once done, you copy your new image control into listview.xml into the <itemlayout> section and at most do some PosX/Y alterations.

I actually got that far...and this will tell you exactly how lost I am. I understand that I need to shift the <visible> parameter to show or not show my overlay depending on a video's watched status. Question is, what do I change the visible parameter to? That is, right now the HD overlay seems to be set to be visible as long as ListItem.Resolution isn't empty (which makes sense). What do I change ListItem.Resolution to in order to reflect Watched status?

Is it something like <visible>IntegerGreaterThan(ListItem.PlayCount,0)</visible> ? I suspect not because I doubt that syncs up with "Mark As Watched" in the context menu.

Other skins I've looked at seem to use a Skin.HasSetting piece inside <visible>, but as far as I can tell that's defined on a custom basis for each skin.

If this is too time-consuming or annoying to answer, definitely feel free to disregard; I don't want to be a nudge and the skin works beautifully without this either way.
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=InfoLabels

ListItem.Overlay

Shows the Overlay Icon status (compressed file [OverlayRAR.png], Trainer [OverlayTrainer.png], watched [OverlayWatched.png], unwatched [OverlayUnWatched.png], locked [OverlayLocked.png]) of the currently selected item in a list or thumb control.
Hitcher Wrote:http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=InfoLabels

ListItem.Overlay

Shows the Overlay Icon status (compressed file [OverlayRAR.png], Trainer [OverlayTrainer.png], watched [OverlayWatched.png], unwatched [OverlayUnWatched.png], locked [OverlayLocked.png]) of the currently selected item in a list or thumb control.

Ah! Saw that in the manual, couldn't figure out how to use it...and just tried again and got it right. Thanks to you both!
is it possible to have the link for your yahoo pipes ?
I wan't to clone it to make modification for french users.
It should be in the first post...
Or doesn't this open unless one is signed in?

http://pipes.yahoo.com/pipes/pipe.info?_...9f58fb12fd
ok, thank you
I made a few personal modifications that I'd love to push upstream if there is interest in them.

Thumbnails with information

Posters with information

Posters without information

Thumbnails without information

Modified homescreen with inclusion of a shortcut for PseudoTV

Started adding in coding for FullscreenVideoInfo.xml and changing the homescreen to include quick links to addons instead of the feeds.
Sranshaft Wrote:I made a few personal modifications that I'd love to push upstream if there is interest in them.

Started adding in coding for FullscreenVideoInfo.xml and changing the homescreen to include quick links to addons instead of the feeds.

Would love to get this updated version!
Sranshaft Wrote:I made a few personal modifications that I'd love to push upstream if there is interest in them.

Excellent, looking forward to this myself. Love the weather icon which is exactly how and where I wanted to implement it but didn't for lack of proper icons.

2 row Poster view with larger thumbs is great too, I thought my initial 3 rows were a little crammed almost like a wall view. Also like that you made the info overlay optional as i think it isn't necessarily needed depending on how one navigates. I for example have the remote set to "show information" on select, which is why i tend to prefer full width posters without info.

Couple of notes:
Replacing feed-thumb area on homescreen. My suggestion would be to implement this in a way that it does replace based on the main menu selection, So that on-hover "movies" it would exchange video feed for recently added movies, same with TV etc. Remaining menu items that don't have obvious sub-content can revert back to the feed.

One small thing that I think does not work so well is using the selection rectangle_off (grey) on non-selected thumbs. I temporarily had this myself during development and wasn't convinced by the look. Something you may want to look check as alternative is to replace it with a "diffusemask" in the thumb props. I already have some PNG masks in skin/media/ which are meant to round off the corners of the non-selected thumbs.

Sranshaft Wrote:Started adding in coding for FullscreenVideoInfo.xml and changing the homescreen to include quick links to addons instead of the feeds.

You should be able to pretty much copy/paste a lot from DialogVideoInfo.xml.
In fact I had a FullscreenVideoInfo.xml at one point... But then streamlined it and decided to copy/paste it into VideoOSD and just make it a on-hover button instead of having to click it.

Also: Uploaded all source PSD's if it helps adding and editing icons etc.
http://www.flytampa.org/junk/media-PSD.zip

+1 love it
double post .. sorry .. please see the post below

Fantastic skin! Would love to see more views for Movies and TV shows. Really liking the RSS feed as well.

One thing I noticed though is that when you set the filter to "unwatched" it is showing all videos and when its set to "All Videos" it shows unwatched =)

Keep up the good work!
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Boxee Inspirat Skin7