• 23(current)
Automatic WakeOnLan upon accessing MySql or FileShares
show us the logfile, please
Just had a look, never thought to check myself.

Seems that my path substitution for mediasources.xml (which links to my server) is trying to load before the wol attempt. I can just get rid of this path substitution as I don't actually need it.
Windows Frodo 12.1 build, (not yet tested)

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/102618431/XBMCSe...-1-woa.exe
Thanks bilbonvida. I'm gonna give it a dance, I haven't had time lately to build my own.
Raspbmc version of 12.1. I have just made it, not had time to test it to see if it actually works yet as have to head out soon but here it is for the brave:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/102618431/xbmc-r...323.tar.gz
(2013-03-23, 18:56)bilbonvidia Wrote: Raspbmc version of 12.1. I have just made it, not had time to test it to see if it actually works yet as have to head out soon but here it is for the brave:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/102618431/xbmc-r...323.tar.gz

It works, thanks.
Although anyone care to explain what each of the variables mean in the xml file it generates?
My NAS takes about 2 mins for it to boot up an start the MySQL db, so I've just set all variables to 120 for now.
See the OP. I think the only node not in the OP is the new port value.
It's doesn't explain them all, hence me asking.
OP:
Code:
<onaccesswakeup>
    <netinittimeout>60</netinittimeout>
    <wakeup>
        <host>10.0.0.6</host>
        <mac>00:ff:f2:7d:df:1e</mac>
        <tmout>700</tmout>
        <wait>8</wait>
    </wakeup>
</onaccesswakeup>
netinittimeout
time xbmc will wait for network to re-connect after resuming from suspend-mode
host
ipaddress (or network name) of machine you want to wake up
mac
macaddress
tmout
optional (default 600 sec) specifies how long time of inactivity must pass before a new 'wake-on-lan' is performed
wait
time in seconds to wait for machine to wake up

XML:
Code:
<onaccesswakeup>
    <netinittimeout>20</netinittimeout>
    <netsettletime>500</netsettletime>
    <wakeup>
        <host>192.168.0.10</host>
        <mac>CC:5D:4E:CA:18:D2</mac>
        <pingport>0</pingport>
        <pingmode>0</pingmode>
        <timeout>300</timeout>
        <waitonline>120</waitonline>
        <waitonline2>120</waitonline2>
        <waitservices>0</waitservices>
    </wakeup>
</onaccesswakeup>
You are correct. Looks like more things got added than I remembered. For your need you should only need to change the waitonline times. I think the first one is the first wait, and if it still isn't available then it waits for the waitonline2 time. T4-Ravenbird will have to chime in on the other settings.
With these settings XBMC booted in less than 140 seconds and my NAS wasn't fully up yet, so that doesn't seem quite right.
Code:
<waitonline>140</waitonline>
<waitonline2>0</waitonline2>
<waitservices>0</waitservices>

I think it sends the WOL packet and then waits for a successful ping before continuing. I guess the waitonline value is the maximum time to wait while not receiving a successful ping.

With those assumptions I went with this:
Code:
<waitonline>90</waitonline>
<waitonline2>0</waitonline2>
<waitservices>40</waitservices>
My NAS takes about 90 seconds to get the network up and then about 30 seconds more until MySQL is up. With these settings XBMC boots shortly after my NAS finishes loading .
Yes, it listens for a ping and the waitonline is the time it waits while listening for a ping.
per chance has someone done a 12.1 openelec build?
(2013-03-26, 21:04)kricker Wrote: You are correct. Looks like more things got added than I remembered. For your need you should only need to change the waitonline times. I think the first one is the first wait, and if it still isn't available then it waits for the waitonline2 time. T4-Ravenbird will have to chime in on the other settings.

OP has been updated, please feel free to elaborate or clarify my short descriptions

(2013-03-27, 02:21)bilbonvidia Wrote: per chance has someone done a 12.1 openelec build?

here http://www70.zippyshare.com/v/83943210/file.html - built from 'master' after 12.1 had been grabbed in but a few days before they announced the openelec 3.0 release, dont think it is missing anything from 3.0 release, though

and here is patch-file updated to match current xbmc-master http://www57.zippyshare.com/v/93080022/file.html
Nice thanks for the updated patch. I tried bumping the PR but nothing. I'm still buried under work so I've not been able to more.
I don't really understand how tu use this in my scenario

I have my MySql server on all the time. Some media is in a seccondary NAS device (but the shares are mapped as network letters on my windows machine), I just want my secondary NAS to wake up when playing back media from that server. Is that doable?

A better approach would be to define a requires wake up flag in the share definition but I don't know if that's doable
  • 23(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Automatic WakeOnLan upon accessing MySql or FileShares4