• 5(current)
Automatic WakeOnLan upon accessing MySql or FileShares
Thanks kricker,

would be great if you could share a win32 build with the public august cycle build and this feature implemented.

This would mean I just have to add the lines from the first post to my advanced.xml right?
(2012-04-11, 21:19)matpol Wrote: has this been implemented?

+1
im wondering the same
(2012-09-07, 09:10)ericab Wrote:
(2012-04-11, 21:19)matpol Wrote: has this been implemented?

+1
im wondering the same

We just don't want to add a bunch option again to the GUI
It's already a huge mess and adding this doesn't help in that regard.
It needs to be well thought through so it won't be confusing for regular users (with that I mean you guys that use this option are really advanced users).

Past weekend at Devcon team meeting we went through the settings menu and it's way to confusing. So you just must understand that new option will have to be well thought of instead of just slapping it in.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
@Martijn ;

OK, so GUI complicates things..

But what about "slapping it in" as it is (with no GUI, just the functionality) ?
GUI may or may not come later ..
(2012-09-07, 10:20)t4_ravenbird Wrote: @Martijn ;

But what about "slapping it in" as it is (with no GUI, just the functionality) ?

+1

This would totally satisfy the "advanced users"

+2 (+4 if you count my wife and kid as well!)

I would really like to see this in the September merge window even without the GUI settings.

I will make a new build tonight and post a version for users to test with. I will build it off the current main trunk, but also include the PR to fix the search dialog bug (one very annoying bug). FYI, this will not be an official build so don't go posting bug issues.
(2012-09-07, 10:20)t4_ravenbird Wrote: @Martijn ;

It's not the GUI alone. advancedsettings.xml need some cleaning as well and if you go changing it afterworths every one will go complaining again.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
I've created a build for users wishing to experiment with this feature. It is based off main trunk with T4_Ravenbird's commits. Currently mainline suffers from the "search dialog bug". I hope to create a build with the PR for that included as well soon. See the OP for what you need to add to your advancedsettings.xml file for this feature to work. As this is considered a non-official nightly build, forget posting any bug reports as they will be ignored.

XBMC WOA build
Big Thanks kricker!
Hey kricker, thanks again for your build!

I tested it today - unfortunately there are several issues :-(

I know you wrote not to complain about bugs but maybe you can have a look into it.

It's similar to this post here http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1181761 where I had some issues with the new audio engine.
DDDamian was able to fix this and it wasn't an issue in frodo_alpha 5 anymore.

so maybe you did not use the actual main version to compile your build?

don't get me wrong, this is not critics on your work, but the build is not usable the way it behaves at the moment.

actually the waking up process works fine :-)
It was built straight from main as of 09/09/2012. Go to your system info and look at the version installed. The numbers after the - will coincide with the first numbers of the latest commit.

Chances are I will be making a new build sometime today though.
any news on a new build kricker?
Yes and no. I've made a couple new builds based off another branch (one with a GUI setting), but there have been issues. I did not want to release them to the world. I am working with t4_ravenbird to resolve these issues.
(2012-09-17, 15:55)kricker Wrote: Yes and no. I've made a couple new builds based off another branch (one with a GUI setting), but there have been issues. I did not want to release them to the world. I am working with t4_ravenbird to resolve these issues.

Nice to hear that - take your time!
I really hope this feature will be acceptet into the master.

It's a real cool feature, and while xbmc gets more and more PVR compatible, i think an option for keeping the "storage" server sleeping/shutdown while it's not being used (Watching live tv).
And the when choosing a movie, the storage will fire up.

and could make xbmc more ECO friendly Smile
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Automatic WakeOnLan upon accessing MySql or FileShares4