• 34(current)
Automatic WakeOnLan upon accessing MySql or FileShares
(2014-03-04, 13:59)t4_ravenbird Wrote:
(2014-02-01, 17:53)john.cord Wrote: ... The problem is occuring since i switched to Aeon Nox 5....

something (skin or addon) is probably doing MySQL access

logfile please

Problem allready solved. With Aeon Nox 5 there are two scripts that access the database continously:

script.grab.fanart and service.library.data.provider

Had to delete the two...

(2014-03-04, 13:44)umtauscher Wrote:
(2014-02-01, 13:15)john.cord Wrote: My Raspberry Pi with Openelec seems to wake my Server even without any input by a user. The Pi is allways on and in Main Menue. The "Wake Remote Server" Option is enabled. Is there any DB access without User Input in Main Menue? In my case its every Hour
Well this happens on my ATVs as well.
I always have to leave XBMC otherwise it hold my server up an running.
For now I am searching for ideas to start xbmc on my atv without involving any screen menues.
If xbmc wouldn't wake up my server when not in use, it would of course be much better.

In my case there were two script addons (script.grab.fanart and service.library.data.provider.) that access the database every hour..
ASRock Beebox J3160 4GB RAM 120GB SATA SSD - Harmony Elite BT
Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH 4GB RAM 120GB SATA SSD - Harmony Smart Control BT
all @ Libreelec Testbuild
HP N54L @ Ubuntu 14.04.4 Minimal Server / MySQL DB
HP N40L @ Ubuntu 14.04.4 Minimal Server
thanks for the update !
I would like to begin by saying I'm a total noob to XBMC so I apologize in advance. So I finally was able to setup mysql on my Mac (Where my movies are located) that is connected to the Internet wirelessly. Router is an Apple Airport base station. I have XBMC installed on my pc laptop and my ouya. The issue is that if the Mac is in sleep mode, when opening XBMC, it will just hang on both the Ouya and laptop. Both are running Gotham Beta 1 and wake server setting is enabled. Is this setting supposed to wake my mac up or do I have to make more edits to the wakeonlan file?
Wake on lan via wifi may not work, have you tried other tools to wake your mac to check whether it is at all possible?
In any case logfile is needed
(2014-03-13, 23:28)t4_ravenbird Wrote: Wake on lan via wifi may not work, have you tried other tools to wake your mac to check whether it is at all possible?
In any case logfile is needed

I downloaded an app on my phone that wakes it up. Just wanted to see if that's what the setting is supposed to do before submitting a log file
Looks like I was able to get it to work by editing the file
(2014-03-14, 05:24)Krazyflipj Wrote: Looks like I was able to get it to work by editing the file

What did you need to do?
(2014-03-14, 10:24)t4_ravenbird Wrote:
(2014-03-14, 05:24)Krazyflipj Wrote: Looks like I was able to get it to work by editing the file

What did you need to do?

Edited wakeonlan.xml file. Added a 1 to pingmode
Curious would it be possible to have XBMC send a signal to tell my computer that's hosting the library to go to sleep when exiting XBMC?
So I have a mysql database on my desktop computer and have enabled the gotham feature to wake the computer up if asleep by sending magic packet.

If I'm in the home screen and select videos it works but if I'm in a video folder (files view) it freezes the rasp pi and I have to reboot.

What I'm looking to do is have xbmc run the wake up command anytime I access my video collection on my desktop where the videos are located.

Can this be done?

My desktop only sleeps at night as I have a cron that keeps it awake in the daytime and I'm prob being high maintenance but I thought maybe I'm not setting it up correctly.

Oh I'm using openelec
(2014-05-04, 17:46)chris8837 Wrote: What I'm looking to do is have xbmc run the wake up command anytime I access my video collection on my desktop where the videos are located.

That is exactly what wake-on-access is providing, so yes.

For your problem we need logfile
Ok so what I did is I was in the folder area in files and clicked the folder that's on my server. It just hung there and didn't wake up the computer.

Then Rebooted the Pi. It woke up the computer on reboot of the pi.

Then I was in the home screen put the computer to sleep and selected files and the pi froze.

Then Rebooted the Pi. It woke up the computer on reboot.

I sent a log on both attepmts and everytime I try to access my folders it won't wake up the computer. Only on reboot.

The log files are listed below.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=194420
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=194417

I also know about the Advanced Wake on LAN is a feature I've used. There is a script that you can add to the favorites.xml. Would this solve my problem?
I see no error in any of your logs - but they are very short and stops only 20-30 seconds after WakeOnAccess reports "server started" ; you need to provide the full log

".. I .. put the computer to sleep .."
Did you force-sleep your server prematurely? Before the TimeOut specified (300 secs) ?
This is not allowed and will break your system and cause symptoms like you report

You must wait until the server goes to sleep after its idle-timeout and the idle-timeout must be >= WakeOnAccess parameter TimeOut
Hi

I just installed Gotham for the first time, this new WOL feature seems to work really well. All I did was enable the WOL setting in the XBMC GUI and now when I open XBMC on my laptop, if the Windows file server is asleep it is woken up. I have a blank / black screen in the XBMC application whilst the server is waking up and until the MYSQL connections are available etc but that is normal. I can see the wakeonlan.xml has been created in the userdata folder not sure if it is recommended to tweak the settings in here in anyway.

I just hope it works as well on OpenElec when I update my HTPC. Previously I had to add a WOL command to a Linux startup script, so when the HTPC was turned on from S5 Shutdown, it would wake the file server.

Thanks again for this great little feature!
@cw-kid It may be necessary to tweak the wakeonlan.xml only if you have issues, check http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Auto_wake_on_lan for options
I run openelec myself and it works fine as far as I am aware of;-)
  • 34(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Automatic WakeOnLan upon accessing MySql or FileShares4