Custom boot video?
IS there any way that when i open up XBMC, it displays a custom video before it gets to the home screen? I made an animation awhile back that i would love to use as a Welcome video to the media center. So is this possible?
See my thread http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=124124

It contains instructions on how to set a video for an intro, along with a download link to one I created.

*edit*
Would love to see your video as well.
How to use Git
| AMD Athlon II X3 Triple Core Processor 2.9 GHz |GIGABYTE GA-MA785GM-US2H Mobo 2GB DDR2 Ram | MSI N430GT |
| Logitec Harmony Smart Control Remote| 52" Sharp Aquos LED TV | Denon AVR-X1000 |
| Freenas Server with 18TB ASRock Intel Avoton C2750 |
Ooo that's freakin' awesome. I'll upload mine once i get this up and running. Question though, where's the advancedsettings.xml and home.xml located at in Windows 7? In home.xml, can i put the given code anywhere? And one more, where would i put my file at, like what directory? Thanks so much
advancedsettings.xml = %appdata%/XBMC/userdata/ (You have to create it yourself)

home.xml = %appdata%/XBMC/addons/skin.*/[720p|1080p]/ (for downloaded skins)
home.xml = Program Files (x86)/XBMC/addons/skin.confluence/720p/ (For Confluence, remove (x86) if using a 32bit system.
Alright, I was able to find the home.xml in the Xperience folder, which is my skin i'm using, and i edited with the code given. But the advancedsettings.xml, I can't find that at all. Now pTeronau, you said i would have to create this on my own, do i place this in users/user/appdata/Roaming/xbmc/userdata? And where should i put the intromovie.avi i made? Does it go into the same folder as home.xml, or somewhere in Xperience's folder?
Put the file in the root of your skin directory. If you are unsure on where to put the line of code into the home.xml then ask in your skins support thread.
How to use Git
| AMD Athlon II X3 Triple Core Processor 2.9 GHz |GIGABYTE GA-MA785GM-US2H Mobo 2GB DDR2 Ram | MSI N430GT |
| Logitec Harmony Smart Control Remote| 52" Sharp Aquos LED TV | Denon AVR-X1000 |
| Freenas Server with 18TB ASRock Intel Avoton C2750 |
I was able to figure out the where to add the code into home.xml and where to put the video file, but i still cannot find advancesettings.xml. It just doesn't seem to be there. I did a search and that couldn't find it either. Would you possibly be able to upload it for me, or do i just need to create it myself with just that line of code in it?
pTeronaut Wrote:advancedsettings.xml = %appdata%/XBMC/userdata/ (You have to create it yourself)

You will also need a little more than just that one line. Try this:
Code:
<advancedsettings>
    <splash>false</splash>
</advancedsettings>
The XBMC team, plug-in devs, skinners, etc. do this for us for FREE in their spare time because they want to. Think about that for a second before you start bitching...
advancedsettings.xml is not created by default - use any text editor to create one. NotePad++ is great for this BTW.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
Alright I created the advancedsettings.xml with Notepad++ with the code given, but the default XBMC logo still comes up. Now i was able to get my movie to work though, but it's odd, Upon launch, XBMC comes up, then goes to the Home screen, then my intro movie plays, then goes back to home. I was hoping that it would go straight to the intro then to home.
Well, let's start with the simplest question:
Do you have the advancedsettings.xml file you just created in C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\
The XBMC team, plug-in devs, skinners, etc. do this for us for FREE in their spare time because they want to. Think about that for a second before you start bitching...
Yes:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/651...reuqp.png/
Cool. That is the most common problem with advancedsettings.xml the first time someone creates one.

From there, I'm not sure...Unfortunately, I can't duplicate the problem on mine. =(
Hmm, that's unfortunate, o well maybe HTPC guy will know, if not my intro video still plays. Check out the youtube channel in my signature, that's the video i'm using currently. I do have a THX one too, but that's at home on another computer. Thanks for your help Techlife
Actually, one last thing... post a log (on pastebin) and link it so I can see if advancedsettings is being loaded properly. Also, if you want to send me the file (PM a link or whatever), I'll be happy to try it on mine and see what it does.

EDIT: I just read your sig...are you using a dual monitor setup?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Custom boot video?0